Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » SplashHandler progress monitor not showing or updating
icon5.gif  SplashHandler progress monitor not showing or updating [message #1222180] Thu, 19 December 2013 21:09
Craig Foote is currently offline Craig FooteFriend
I have an eclipse product and I'm trying to get the progress monitor on my SplashHandler to appear and be updated as workbench loads. I have:

• plugin_customization.ini setting the org.eclipse.ui/SHOW_PROGRESS_ON_STARTUP=true
  • a custom SplashHandler extending AbstractSplashHandler
  • a 'splashhandlers' extension declaring my custom SplashHandler and a binding with my product
  • custom code that draws UI controls on the resulting dialog including a ProgressMonitor that gets instantiated in #getBundleProgressMonitor

What I'm seeing:

• Splash appears and runs perfectly except the monitor is never seen or updated. The monitor's label never gets updated but will display text if explicitly set there
  • only call to #getBundleProgressMonitor is from my SplashHandler's own #init

What should happen? I see no references in my workspace for #updateUI. How can I troubleshoot this?

[Updated on: Fri, 20 December 2013 02:11]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Coolbar using Handler/Commands
Next Topic:Need to know the plugin for quick find functionality in Navigator view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:17:32 GMT 2024