Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » IDEF0 type diagrams for activities(IDEF0)
IDEF0 type diagrams for activities [message #1221968] Wed, 18 December 2013 23:42 Go to next message
Tom van den Berg is currently offline Tom van den BergFriend
REQUEST 1.
I would like to be able to generate IDEF0 type diagrams from the information I entered in EPF. I.e. diagram should show activity inputs and outputs. If there are multiple activities shown, then inputs and outputs will be connected where possible. Inputs and outputs of an activity should automatically be rolled up from the tasks in the activity.

REQUEST 2.
In some instances I just create activities with out tasks. Then I still would like to declare the inputs and outputs of the activity without creating tasks. And I would like to see them in this IDEF0 type diagram.

-- Tom
Re: IDEF0 type diagrams for activities [message #1222008 is a reply to message #1221968] Thu, 19 December 2013 11:04 Go to previous message
Joachim Engelhardt is currently offline Joachim EngelhardtFriend

Hi Tom,

I am also searching for a solution you mentioned with REQUEST 1. The Activity Diagram Detailed shows input and output fragments of an action, but as you mentioned there is missing a connection between ouputs used as input in another action / activity.

Unfortunately I didn't found an appropriate easy to implement solution for that.
You can add custom diagrams to your activities, but creating such a diagram and keep it in sync with the model is complex and too work-intensive.

Kind regards,
Joachim
Previous Topic:Can I change the order of tasks in Roles?
Next Topic:Plugins for EPF Composer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:23:24 GMT 2024