Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » how to remove configuration(Need to add/remove "Select All" checkbox from column header)
how to remove configuration [message #1221768] Wed, 18 December 2013 11:45 Go to next message
Pradyumna Bhide is currently offline Pradyumna BhideFriend
Hello,

I have a wizard in which I allow user to define a filter criteria and then display results on the next page in a NatTable. Since the resultsets are expected to be large I render the checkbox for select all in a column header once all the data is loaded. I do so using the addConfiguration method on the NatTable.
So far so good.
Now if user goes back to the previous page, changes the criteria and comes to the results page, I want to remove/hide the select all checkbox till all results are loaded but there is no provision to remove configurations.

Can you please suggest a work around for this or an alternate approach to rendering the select all checkbox itself? Would disposing and re-rendering the table be a good option?

Thanks and regards,
Pradyumna
Re: how to remove configuration [message #1221784 is a reply to message #1221768] Wed, 18 December 2013 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Quote:
I render the checkbox for select all in a column header

Of which checkbox are you talking about?

It is not possible to remove a configuration because the configurations will only be loaded and applied initially. But you are able to remove the configurations itself from the ConfigRegistry if you have the reference to it. Use ConfigRegistry.unregisterConfigAttribute() to achieve that.
Re: how to remove configuration [message #1221794 is a reply to message #1221784] Wed, 18 December 2013 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pradyumna Bhide is currently offline Pradyumna BhideFriend
Hello Dirk,

I am referring to the checkbox that is rendered in the column header that will facilitate selecting all records in a single click.
As always, your suggestion worked!

Thanks and regards,
Pradyumna

[Updated on: Wed, 18 December 2013 13:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to remove configuration [message #1221798 is a reply to message #1221794] Wed, 18 December 2013 13:02 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
I guess you are talking about the one that is showed as an example in TreeGridWithCheckBoxFieldsExample. Otherwise I don't know what you are talking about.

Usually unregistering should help. Not sure if you need to do a re-rendering to visualize the changes. But it should be possible to only refresh the cell itself instead of performing a whole NatTable refresh.
Previous Topic:next release
Next Topic:Refreshing NatTable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:13:07 GMT 2024