Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » Unable to install Memory Analyzer(Memory Analyzer install problem)
Unable to install Memory Analyzer [message #1221432] Tue, 17 December 2013 17:42 Go to next message
Lori Cook is currently offline Lori CookFriend
I have an unusual situation. I am running Eclipse on a system that does not have access to the outside world. Therefore, the usual method to install plugins does not work.

I've found out how to take a zip file and unpack it on my system so that I can use a local software site and install plugins that way. But trying to install Memory Analyzer always generates an "org/sat4j/minisat/core/AssertingClauseGenerator" - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError.

I've searched and searched for a zip package containing this class with no luck. I've found several jar files with "org/sat4j/minisat/core" classes, but not with the AssertingClauseGenerator class in it.

Could someone please point me to the correct site for it? And if it is a jar, how do I install it so the Memory Analyzer will install?

Much appreciated for any help rendered.
Cheers
Lori <*>
Re: Unable to install Memory Analyzer [message #1222000 is a reply to message #1221432] Thu, 19 December 2013 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Johnson is currently offline Andrew JohnsonFriend
You could use the stand-alone version of Memory Analyzer http://www.eclipse.org/mat/downloads.php.

You could also try installing the archived update site version of Memory Analyzer from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/mat/1.3.0/MemoryAnalyzer-1.3.0.201305170842.zip.

I don't recognise the org/sat4j/minisat/core/AssertingClauseGenerator class. I think it is related to the p2 installation manager. I would have guessed it is in org.sat4j.core_*.jar but I can't find it in version 2.3.5_v20130525

The stack trace might show you who is requesting it and perhaps the class has been dropping without sat4j increasing its version number or perhaps the requestor has not been strict enough in the version it is requesting.

Andrew Johnson

Re: Unable to install Memory Analyzer [message #1222178 is a reply to message #1222000] Thu, 19 December 2013 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew

The ZIP file for Memory Analyzer I'm trying to use is the file you note in your response. Trying to upload it as a plugin is throwing the NoClassDefFoundError issue.

FYI - I am running the Indigo version of Eclipse.

I may have to use the standalone version, but I'd rather run it as part of Eclipse.

Thanks for the reply
Lori <*>
Re: Unable to install Memory Analyzer [message #1222351 is a reply to message #1222178] Fri, 20 December 2013 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Krum Tsvetkov is currently offline Krum TsvetkovFriend
Hi Lori,

the update site is not self-contained. It has just the MAT plugins.

Did you try the other suggestion from Andrew - to run MAT separately, not as part of the IDE? The platform specific zip files should be ready to just unpack and use.

Hope this helps.

Krum
Re: Unable to install Memory Analyzer [message #1222610 is a reply to message #1222351] Fri, 20 December 2013 22:14 Go to previous message
Have just downloaded the standalone application. But will not be able to try it until after the 6th as I am about to leave for two weeks.

Hope I remember what I was doing when I get back Smile
Previous Topic:java.io.EOFException with Memory Analyzer 1.3.0
Next Topic:Memory Analyzer 1.3.1 Released
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:17:51 GMT 2024