Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] Random order in UML for sequence of datatypes
[Acceleo] Random order in UML for sequence of datatypes [message #1221354] Tue, 17 December 2013 14:03 Go to next message
Johan Hardy is currently offline Johan HardyFriend

Dear all,

I'm developing a generator UML to C based on Acceleo. One of my transformations is the generation of typedef in C. With the help of a profile, I mapped a stereotype called typedef on the meta-class datatype.

In the template, when I want to generate all the types and for instance the typedefs, I filter all the types of a Class to get a sequence of datatypes (with the stereotype 'typedef' applied). Here is my transformation:

[query public getAllTypedef(seq : Sequence(uml::DataType)) : Sequence(uml::DataType) =  
seq->select(d : uml::DataType | (hasStereotype(d, 'functional_C::Typedef')))->asSequence()/]

[template public genHTypedef(c : uml::Class) post(trim())]
[let seq : Sequence(uml::DataType) = getAllTypedef(ownedElement->filter(uml::DataType)->asSequence())]
[for (d : uml::DataType | seq )]
[d.genTypedef()/]

[/for]
[/let]
[/template]

My problem is that the typedefs are not generated in the same order from one generation to another AND the MODEL REMAINS the same. For example, Class A with datatype B and datatype C gives at the first generation:

typedef B
typedef C

And, for the second generation (the class remains the same) :

typedef C
typedef B

Does anyone know why the sequence of datatypes has different order from one generation to another ?
Does anyone know how to solve this problem ?

Best regards;
Johan

[Updated on: Wed, 18 December 2013 12:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Acceleo] Random order in UML for sequence of datatypes [message #1221848 is a reply to message #1221354] Wed, 18 December 2013 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Here is the query that ensures the same order as the one present in the XMI:

[query public orderByContents(b : Sequence(uml::NamedElement)) : Sequence (uml::NamedElement) = 
                                  b->sortedBy(
                                         n : uml::NamedElement | n.eContainer().eContents()->indexOf(n) 
                                  )
/]

Re: [Acceleo] Random order in UML for sequence of datatypes [message #1228483 is a reply to message #1221848] Tue, 07 January 2014 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

This issue occurs because the UML metamodel states that the order is not relevant for several properties (ordered = false). As a result, OCL uses instances of java.util.Set to manipulate those sequences so the order is random in Acceleo.

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Google+: +stephane.begaudeau
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com | Eclipse Java Development Tools Tips and Tricks
Re: [Acceleo] Random order in UML for sequence of datatypes [message #1232091 is a reply to message #1228483] Thu, 16 January 2014 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Many thanks for the explanation, Stéphane.

Best regards;
Re: [Acceleo] Random order in UML for sequence of datatypes [message #1247965 is a reply to message #1228483] Sun, 16 February 2014 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Furkan Eke is currently offline Furkan EkeFriend
This obviously brings a problem where one needs to revise the generated code during the development of the very Acceleo engine for her/his domain.

Can this problem be solved with a workaround like: prior to generation a sorting of the relevant elements based on their names?

How should one change the query for such a solution?
Re: [Acceleo] Random order in UML for sequence of datatypes [message #1248381 is a reply to message #1247965] Mon, 17 February 2014 07:36 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

It is not a problem so there is no need for a workaround. It is a user
misconception that there was an order.

If you want to impose 'your' order you need to use a ordering algorithm
such as the OCL sortedBy iteration.

e.g.

namedElements->sortedBy(name)

Regards

Ed Willink

On 16/02/2014 20:47, Furkan Eke wrote:
> This obviously brings a problem where one needs to revise the
> generated code during the development of the very Acceleo engine for
> her/his domain.
>
> Can this problem be solved with a workaround like: prior to generation
> a sorting of the relevant elements based on their names?
>
> How should one change the query for such a solution?
Previous Topic:[Acceleo] generate code from a model in Java Class (run-time)
Next Topic:[Acceleo] Generation no longer works after upgrade to Eclipse 4.3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:40:04 GMT 2024