Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » how to create a database connection and perform through emf_rcp
how to create a database connection and perform through emf_rcp [message #1221094] Mon, 16 December 2013 22:08 Go to next message
oscar salazar is currently offline oscar salazarFriend
how to create a database connection and perform through emf_rcp.
I have an ecore model which genre java classes. from that I have ridden a rcp project that allows me to see the model information which is created in memory.

I want to do is now mounting a database and make the connection between the RCP application, considering emf.

I found a plugin which do not have a good example (TEXO) and would like to find a good tutorial that will let me do this. I downloaded the source code of this address but never explains how it works:

github.com/mtaal/texo/tree/master/org.eclipse.emf.texo.example1.rcp

I would appreciate any help.
Re: how to create a database connection and perform through emf_rcp [message #1221442 is a reply to message #1221094] Tue, 17 December 2013 18:08 Go to previous message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Oscar,
I replied to you also in your request on the blog post. Texo basically generates JPA annotated entities. There is very
much information on the net on JPA.

Then to connect an EMF rcp to Texo use one of the Texo resource implementations:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Texo/EMFResource

The texo EMF resource implementations work the same way as standard EMF resources from the client's perspective. Texo
supports a 2-tier or 3-tier architecture.

See the above wiki page for more information, also take the change to read up on the rest of the wiki:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Texo

Feel free to ask specific questions if the above wiki pages do not provide the answers.

gr. Martin

On 12/17/2013 03:20 PM, oscar salazar wrote:
> how to create a database connection and perform through emf_rcp.
> I have an ecore model which genre java classes. from that I have ridden a rcp project that allows me to see the model
> information which is created in memory.
>
> I want to do is now mounting a database and make the connection between the RCP application, considering emf.
>
> I found a plugin which do not have a good example (TEXO) and would like to find a good tutorial that will let me do
> this. I downloaded the source code of this address but never explains how it works:
>
> github.com/mtaal/texo/tree/master/org.eclipse.emf.texo.example1.rcp
>
> I would appreciate any help.

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@xxxxxxxx - mtaal@xxxxxxxx
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Previous Topic:Resolving ecore cross references for ecore files created from xcore.
Next Topic:[CDO] CDOResource obtaining the connection aware URI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:54:42 GMT 2024