Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » JGoodies FormLayout and MiGLayout(Where are they?)
JGoodies FormLayout and MiGLayout [message #1220848] Sat, 14 December 2013 08:35 Go to next message
Phil Oliver is currently offline Phil OliverFriend
These layout managers are described in the WindowBuilder docs at:

developers.google.com/java-dev-tools/wbpro/layoutmanagers/swing/jgoodies_formlayout

and

developers.google.com/java-dev-tools/wbpro/layoutmanagers/swing/miglayout

where the docs for each one state that they're only available in the Professional version of the product. Since the tool is now free, as far as I can tell, I'm wondering where these layouts have gone? I don't see them as an option in the Layout category. I tinkered with trying to directly import the JGoodies jars but that didn't work out. I've done quite a bit of searching but haven't found any information elsewhere.

(Note: because I have fewer than 5 messages it won't let me directly specify hyperlinks above. Very lame.)

Re: JGoodies FormLayout and MiGLayout [message #1220874 is a reply to message #1220848] Sun, 15 December 2013 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Those layouts haven't gone anywhere. They are both shipped with the tool and are on the palette. I just tried both of them and they worked fine.

I'm not sure why you aren't seeing them. A screenshot (or more detailed description) of what you are seeing would be helpful.
Re: JGoodies FormLayout and MiGLayout [message #1220976 is a reply to message #1220874] Mon, 16 December 2013 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil Oliver is currently offline Phil OliverFriend
This is what I'm seeing.
index.php/fa/17050/0/

The "Formlayout" generates an instance of org.eclipse.swt.layout.FormLayout.FormLayout, not from JGoodies.
Re: JGoodies FormLayout and MiGLayout [message #1221006 is a reply to message #1220976] Mon, 16 December 2013 16:21 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
In that context, FormLayout should generate org.eclipse.swt.layout.FormLayout.FormLayout.

You are looking at SWT layouts rather than Swing layouts.
Previous Topic:Installation error
Next Topic:WindowBuilder error.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:58:17 GMT 2024