Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » The problem with the transmission parameters in the dataset using mongodb mapreduce
The problem with the transmission parameters in the dataset using mongodb mapreduce [message #1220692] Fri, 13 December 2013 06:07 Go to next message
Andrew Cat is currently offline Andrew CatFriend
I apologize for my English google) I appeal to the community with the most troubling issues. I am looking for a way to submit the report parameters in the dataset, built on the data source mongodb. Operation is used mapreduce. Inside it I quote query: {$ where: "this.code == 11"}, and in this case, the dataset used condition. But in the current implementation Mongo dataset with mapreduce Expression line, I can not submit any dynamically.
I can neither dynamically apply settings there any bind parameters (similar to the Web service dataset)
It seems in the previous implementation of ODA was a functional plugin.
Perhaps you can use maprduce somehow different. Ask for advice)
Re: The problem with the transmission parameters in the dataset using mongodb mapreduce [message #1220836 is a reply to message #1220692] Fri, 13 December 2013 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Linda ChanFriend
MongoDB expression syntax itself does not support parameters, thus the MongoDB ODA connector does not support data set parameters directly.

If you want to dynamically adjust your MapReduce expression, you can use scripting to reference a BIRT report parameter and change the runtime value of the "Command expression" data set property.
You can edit all the available MongoDB ODA data set properties in the "Property Binding" page in the Data Set Editor (when editing an MongoDB ODA data set design).

Hope that helps.

Linda
Re: The problem with the transmission parameters in the dataset using mongodb mapreduce [message #1487597 is a reply to message #1220836] Wed, 26 November 2014 00:36 Go to previous message
Jose Patricio Villarreal is currently offline Jose Patricio VillarrealFriend
Hi Linda, I tried making my MongoDB dinamicly using the "Command Expression" as said on this post at stackoverflow stackoverflow.com/questions/25024375/birt-mongodb-param but it dosen't work, because the birt interface will tell you, "At least one field must be selected." ... So, on the Command Expression, I couldn't do this... BTW I used an Aggregate function not the Map Reduce.

And on the "Property Binding", could find documentation to help my self fill out this part.

Questions:

If I can get this done with you help, will the result be a parametrized report, on wich I can select the parameters tu use or use on a drill down situation?

If so, can you be more specific on how doing this, or give me a guide were to read...
Previous Topic:sqlbase bind parameter results to error: execute(): cannot execute with insufficient bind variables!
Next Topic:Setting Google Chrome as html viewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:34:10 GMT 2024