Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Bundle-Classpath "external" Directive(Unable to access external JAR content using "external" directive in Bundle-Classpath)
icon8.gif  Bundle-Classpath "external" Directive [message #1220300] Tue, 10 December 2013 23:12 Go to next message
George Curran is currently offline George CurranFriend
I have been stuggling to use packages from an external JAR file in my Eclipse Equinox plugin project using the "external" directive in the "Bundle-Classpath" entry. If I copy the JAR into the project root (or pretty much anywhere under the project), add the JAR to the project classpath and to the "Bundle-Classpath", the packages are accessible. However, if I update the project classpath and "Bundle-Classpath" to point to the JAR somewhere externally and click "Update the classpath settings" on the "Plug-in Development" UI, the "Referenced Libraries" entry in the project explorer disappears and all the entries referencing packages in the JAR are flagged as errors in the MANIFEST.MF view.

I have been reading posts in this forum and other places indicating this should work in Equinox but not matter what I have tried it always fails. What am I missing?
  • Attachment: MANIFEST.MF
    (Size: 0.78KB, Downloaded 289 times)
Re: Bundle-Classpath "external" Directive [message #1220394 is a reply to message #1220300] Wed, 11 December 2013 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
While the external: class path should work at runtime in equinox I think your issue is that PDE in Eclipse does not understand or support external classpath entries in the tools.

Tom.
Re: Bundle-Classpath "external" Directive [message #1223504 is a reply to message #1220394] Mon, 23 December 2013 15:38 Go to previous message
Peter Nehrer is currently offline Peter NehrerFriend
FWIW -- you can include extra jars in your plug-in dependencies
(build-time) via extra.<library> property in build.properties:
http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.pde.doc.user%2Freference%2Fpde_feature_generating_build.htm

On 12/11/13 8:26 AM, Thomas Watson wrote:
> While the external: class path should work at runtime in equinox I think
> your issue is that PDE in Eclipse does not understand or support
> external classpath entries in the tools.
>
> Tom.
Previous Topic:Is p2 being updated anymore
Next Topic:Equinox support on Java7 and Solaris 10??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:37:38 GMT 2024