Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » how to show a third parameter dialog after user/pass insert
how to show a third parameter dialog after user/pass insert [message #1220257] Tue, 10 December 2013 17:04 Go to next message
José Litux is currently offline José LituxFriend
Hi

I'm trying to set a "sort of" security access asking for user credentials on Birt.
I have two parameters user/pass that I use to dinamically connect to a database.

If user/pass combination is correct the next step should be a combo box to choose preferred department for reporting.

The problem is I don't know how to load the next step (the combo box). I'm stuck on user/pass parameters dialog window.

In addition, showing a message alert ("wrong user-pass") if user/pass combination is wrong would be awesome

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Re: how to show a third parameter dialog after user/pass insert [message #1220608 is a reply to message #1220257] Thu, 12 December 2013 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kristopher Clark is currently offline Kristopher ClarkFriend
One way to do this is to create two reports. The first report that ask's for the username and password. If this is incorrect then you can display some error message in the blank report. If the username and password is correct then you can encrypt that information and send it to the next report as hidden parameters and have your third parameter display by itself.
Re: how to show a third parameter dialog after user/pass insert [message #1222485 is a reply to message #1220608] Fri, 20 December 2013 14:48 Go to previous message
José Litux is currently offline José LituxFriend
Thanks Kristopher
Previous Topic:Export to txt
Next Topic:I don't want numbers formatting change using localization
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:48:08 GMT 2024