Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » FocusIn/Out on Composites(Do Composites support FocusIn and FocusOut events in RAP?)
FocusIn/Out on Composites [message #1219914] Fri, 06 December 2013 17:04 Go to next message
John Gymer is currently offline John GymerFriend
I have some complex composites that I would like to include in the tab sequence e.g.

Text1
Button
Text2
ScrolledComposite
--- CompositeLvl1
--- --- CompositeLvl2
--- --- --- Label
--- --- --- Label
--- --- CompositeLvl2
--- --- --- Label
--- --- --- Label

I am happy for the CompositeLvl1 to be in the tab sequence, then once this has focus, I will use key listeners to navigate through the Lvl2 Composites using arrow keys.

So, the TAB sequence would simply be Text1->Button->Text2->CompositeLvl1.

ScrolledComposite is included in the Shell's TabList. CompositeLvl1 is included in the ScrolledComposite's TabList. All CompositeLvl2s are included in CompositeLvl1's TabList. All child Labels are included in their owning CompositeLvl2's TabList... i.e. everything has all its direct children defined in their TabLists!

The strucutre is much like a Grid where the Lvl2 Composites are cells in the grid.

I have this working ok in SWT by placing FocusIn and FocusOut listeners on CompositeLvl1, as well as a KeyDown.

However, in RAP, I don't seem to get any FocusIn/FocusOut events triggered on CompositeLvl1... is this because those types of events simply are not implemented in RAP, or is it possible I've found a bug?

Didn't want to waste huge amounts of time on this if only to discover that FocusIn/FocusOut are not available in RAP!

Thanks, John

---
Just because you can doesn't mean you should
Re: FocusIn/Out on Composites [message #1220013 is a reply to message #1219914] Mon, 09 December 2013 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi John,
focus listeners are working fine in RAP. Are you sure that focus in/out
events are fired on Composite in SWT? I think that Composite is a
non-focusable control.
Best,
Ivan

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: FocusIn/Out on Composites [message #1220404 is a reply to message #1220013] Wed, 11 December 2013 14:27 Go to previous message
John Gymer is currently offline John GymerFriend
Thanks Ivan... got distracted with other higher priority things... will get back to this again hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

---
Just because you can doesn't mean you should
Previous Topic:[ANN] RAP 2.2 RC2 is available
Next Topic:[FontDialog] strange work of font list selection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:19:17 GMT 2024