Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » [Solved:] How to apply Papyrus-Preferences to existing Diagram?
[Solved:] How to apply Papyrus-Preferences to existing Diagram? [message #1219783] Thu, 05 December 2013 18:59 Go to next message
Stefan Eidelloth is currently offline Stefan EidellothFriend
* I have a Class diagram and the Classes show their AttributeCompartments.
* I change the Papyrus Preferences to hide the AttributeCompartments:
Window=>Preferences=>Papyrus=>Diagrams=>PapyrusUMLClassDiagram Diagram=>ClassNode
=> deactivate "Show compartment" for the AtributeCompartment

* If I now drag a new Class from the Palette the new Class does not show an AttributeCompartement. That is fine.

However, I would like the Preferences to also apply for the already existing Classes. How can I achieve this? (Refreshing the Diagram with F5 did not help.)

(The compartments just serve as an example for some kind of Preferences here. My question is more general. An alternantive to hide them would be: Ctrl+A, Ctrl+F5, set Hooks for one Class, click "Propagate selection to elements of same type", click "Ok".)

[Updated on: Sat, 14 December 2013 19:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to apply Papyrus-Preferences to existing Diagram? [message #1219872 is a reply to message #1219783] Fri, 06 December 2013 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chriss Matt is currently offline Chriss MattFriend
Hi Stefan,

I think there has to be a way to refresh the graphical view to sync with the model explorer and update based on workspace preferences(but I don't know how)

Regards
Chriss
Re: How to apply Papyrus-Preferences to existing Diagram? [message #1220343 is a reply to message #1219872] Wed, 11 December 2013 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sébastien Gérard is currently offline Sébastien GérardFriend
Hi,

there is a mean to refresh the diagram but in that case it will not do what you want to do. If you change the preferences, the changes apply for next new model elements, but there is indeed no need to force apply the changes done in the preferences on existing elements already created in diagrams.
However, you can either select all elements to be changed and in your case, to show/hyde compartment, you can either use the shortcut 'CTRL+F5', or via the contextual menu by right cliking on the selection and then 'filters>show/hyde compartments'.

As shown in the snapshot seen in the attached file, there is a feature in Papyrus to apply the appearance style of an element to one or a set of elements. You select first the set of elements you want to change and the last one in the selection is considered as being the reference for the changes.

Best... Sébastien.
Re: How to apply Papyrus-Preferences to existing Diagram? [message #1220347 is a reply to message #1220343] Wed, 11 December 2013 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is a video on how to use the previous feature I mentioned.
Re: How to apply Papyrus-Preferences to existing Diagram? [message #1220352 is a reply to message #1220347] Wed, 11 December 2013 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can also do as shown in the attached video to show/hyde the compartments of a classifier.
Re: How to apply Papyrus-Preferences to existing Diagram? [message #1220863 is a reply to message #1220352] Sat, 14 December 2013 19:48 Go to previous message
Stefan Eidelloth is currently offline Stefan EidellothFriend
Thank you for your answers. I like the solution to apply the same style as a work around.
Previous Topic:Write Code in to Operation of a Class in to Class Model
Next Topic:How to reload a Papyrus model?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:15:49 GMT 2024