Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » [ATL] Library in EMFTVM launch config?(How to load a library required by a module in an EMFTVM launch configuration?)
[ATL] Library in EMFTVM launch config? [message #1219782] Thu, 05 December 2013 18:47 Go to next message
Gunnar Arndt is currently offline Gunnar ArndtFriend
Hi guys,

who knows how to add a library to an EMFTVM launch config?
I have an ATL module which requires an ATL library (presenterLib.atl); they work together no problem with @atlcompiler atl2006 and a matching launch config, but I have not found a way to load the library in an EMFTVM specific launch config.

Error message:
org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm.util.VMException: Error during module loading: Error during module loading: Module presenterLib not found

Thank you for suggestions.
Re: [ATL] Library in EMFTVM launch config? [message #1219831 is a reply to message #1219782] Fri, 06 December 2013 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

Your libraries have to be on the "module path": http://wiki.eclipse.org/ATL/EMFTVM#Module_import

Note that the library/module name must also be a qualified name w.r.t. the module path: if the module path is "/home/someone", and your module sits in "/home/someone/package/Module.atl", then your module name should be "package::Module". See for example http://git.eclipse.org/c/mmt/org.eclipse.atl.git/tree/tests/org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm.tests/test-data/Regression/Bug419433.atl

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: [ATL] Library in EMFTVM launch config? [message #1219860 is a reply to message #1219782] Fri, 06 December 2013 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis, thanks for the hint. I'm not yet sure how to transfer that exactly to my problem.

The importing module is in
/com.customer.dat.modeltransformation.startek/src/com/customer/dat/modeltransformation/startek/atl/files/transformate2startek.atl

and the library to be loaded is in
/com.customer.dat.modeltransformation.startek.atl.lib/src/com/customer/dat/modeltransformation/atl/lib/presenterLib.atl

I'm using
/com.customer.dat.modeltransformation.startek.atl.lib/src/com/customer/dat/modeltransformation/atl/lib/,/com.customer.dat.modeltransformation.startek/src/com/customer/dat/modeltransformation/startek/atl/files/

as module path in the launch config, and I'm not sure how to modify the library's name and the import in the using module. Can you specify your suggestion further?

[Updated on: Fri, 06 December 2013 10:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [ATL] Library in EMFTVM launch config? [message #1219877 is a reply to message #1219860] Fri, 06 December 2013 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

Your module path looks fine to me. Can you show me the first few lines of presenterLib.atl?

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: [ATL] Library in EMFTVM launch config? [message #1219878 is a reply to message #1219782] Fri, 06 December 2013 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure thing:
-- @atlcompiler emftvm
library presenterLib;

--- This is an apparently very general helper which is intended
--- to be used for OclUndefined only.
helper context OclAny def: getSpecification(): String = '';

helper context transformate!MessageModelTransformer def: getSpecification(): String = 
	self.message;

--- Many more of those helpers...

I had a partial success by moving that file to the same directory as the ATL module that uses it: There is no more error message in that case. Instead, just plain nothing happens.
Re: [ATL] Library in EMFTVM launch config? [message #1220014 is a reply to message #1219878] Mon, 09 December 2013 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Javier García is currently offline Javier GarcíaFriend
Hi Gunnar, I'm not entirely sure but I think you would need to change the name of your transformations to include the path (at least that's how I made it work for myself), this is what I use:

- Main module:
module "Transformations::RCP2GWTPSM2PIM";
create OUT: UML2 from IN: UML2, Plugin: XML, Profile: profile;
uses "Transformations::Libraries::UMLLibrary";

- Library:
library "Transformations::Libraries::UMLLibrary";

That's the header on each of the ATL files and it works fine for me, hopefully for you too!
Re: [ATL] Library in EMFTVM launch config? [message #1853952 is a reply to message #1219782] Mon, 25 July 2022 13:30 Go to previous message
I'm currently giving EMFTVM another try (after 9 years!).
The solution was to rename the importing project from
com.customer.dat.modeltransformation.startek

to
com.customer.dat.modeltransformation.startek.atl.files

so its name is no longer a prefix of the library project name
com.customer.dat.modeltransformation.startek.atl.lib

And of course add both comma-separated to the module path.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 July 2022 13:31]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Collecting all instances and calculating the values
Next Topic:How can I tranform a feature of the Parent class accessing from the chield class?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:10:23 GMT 2024