Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Birt Runtime: limited number of rows per XLSX-Sheet
Birt Runtime: limited number of rows per XLSX-Sheet [message #1219731] Thu, 05 December 2013 15:15 Go to next message
Tom Maier is currently offline Tom MaierFriend
Hi,

first of all, i use version 4.3.1.

i have a problem when I want to retrieve a birt report from the birt runtime on
my tomcat webserver with the output format xlsx.

The DataSet contains more than 10.000 lines, but there are only 33 rows per a xlsx sheet and
the result set is split in multiple work sheets.

The complete result set is shown in only one work sheet, when I increase the page height
of the master page to (unrealisitc) high numbers. This can not be done, because it should also be possible
to use the same report design for other output formats like PDF (with "normal" page break).

Does anybody have an idea what the problem is, or how can I retrieve xlsx, xls reports with the maximum number of rows?

Thanks in advance
Re: Birt Runtime: limited number of rows per XLSX-Sheet [message #1220598 is a reply to message #1219731] Thu, 12 December 2013 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kristopher Clark is currently offline Kristopher ClarkFriend
What is your page break set to in the report? You could check for the output type in your report and if it's xls then change the page break to 0 and select auto layout, else do nothing and keep the defaults.
Re: Birt Runtime: limited number of rows per XLSX-Sheet [message #1221236 is a reply to message #1220598] Tue, 17 December 2013 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Maier is currently offline Tom MaierFriend
My page break default set is auto layout and 40 page break interval.
With this setting, the xlsx sheet contains 40 rows. (how it should work).
However, when i change the page break interval to 0, the xlsx sheet contains only 33 rows. I think this 33 rows has to do with the page height setting in the master page.
Oddly enought this does not happen with the xls parameter.
The xls sheet contains with the page break interval 0 more than 33 rows.
Re: Birt Runtime: limited number of rows per XLSX-Sheet [message #1270826 is a reply to message #1219731] Thu, 13 March 2014 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas  Käfer is currently offline Thomas KäferFriend
I've just run into the same problem (bug?) that the default page-breaks of a report are interpreted as a switch to the next sheet in the xlsx file.

In my opinion those two things (page-break & next sheet) are very different and should not be used as synonyms. Excel can handle page-breaks within sheets, so if those page breaks are important to someone (definitly not to me) they should be exported just as that, and not by spliting the data into multiple sheets.

Is there a simple way of getting birt to export all data into a single sheet, without starting to mess with the layout of the report or writing code that adepts the layout depending on how it is generated?

I'm using the default birt webapp that is delivered with the runtime.zip, so to generate my xlsx I use somthing like:
https://eclipse.org/birt432/frameset?__report=myreport.rptdesign&__format=xlsx

Is there maybe a simple parameter switch I could add to that request to prevent those multiple sheets of beeing generated?

For the moment I'll stick with the default xls emitter, which fortunately doesn't have this bug.
Re: Birt Runtime: limited number of rows per XLSX-Sheet [message #1271096 is a reply to message #1270826] Fri, 14 March 2014 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
donino donino is currently offline donino doninoFriend
Hi Thomas,

In your case a workaround would be to make use of the "run" servlet instead of "frameset" when a xlsx document is requested:

https://eclipse.org/birt432/run?__report=myreport.rptdesign&__format=xlsx

It is also important to know the behavior of pagination is strongly related to the "layout" property of the report. See this topic

I hope it helps
Re: Birt Runtime: limited number of rows per XLSX-Sheet [message #1273016 is a reply to message #1271096] Wed, 19 March 2014 10:07 Go to previous message
Thomas  Käfer is currently offline Thomas KäferFriend
hmm, well I've got tons of birt reports that are some years old and they show this strange sheet-splitting behaviour in xlsx no matter if you generate them through the run or the frameset servlet. I guess they must have the wrong layout settings (autogenerated with the eclipse birt designers from that time).

But as I said, I don't really care about those pagebreaks. If the developers care about pagebreaks, they should output them as pagebreaks, but don't confuse pagebreaks with splitting data into multiple sheets.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 March 2014 10:07]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Rupee Currency in HTML not appearing but ok in pdf
Next Topic:How to Show Image with a dynamic Image (MIME-String)?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:20:05 GMT 2024