Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » How does call activity work?
icon3.gif  How does call activity work? [message #1219677] Thu, 05 December 2013 11:23 Go to next message
Michael Michael is currently offline Michael MichaelFriend
Can someone explain how the call activity works? What I'm trying to do is have a process call another process. So in my process diagram I add a call activity. But I can't figure out how to connect this call activity to the activity I want to call. I have tried both process and global task. Process seems to let me use an embedded process but that's not what I want. I want my call activity to call another .bpmn file in my project. So I tried global task but I don't see any way to choose my other process.

In activiti and Bonita I can click on the drop-down and they show me a list of all the processes in my project and I just select one and it works. I'm not sure why it's so much more complicated in the eclipse bpmn modeler. Am I missing something? It seems like a simple idea. Sad

Thanks
Re: How does call activity work? [message #1219710 is a reply to message #1219677] Thu, 05 December 2013 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Michael,

To add a call to an external Process is a two-step operation: first the file must be added to the list of Imports (in the Process Definitions property tab), then all of the Process definitions in that file will appear in the Called Activity combo box.

Yes, it would be simpler to just have the editor parse all of the *.bpmn files in the workspace and search for Process definitions, but that could cause a significant delay if there are a lot of BPMN files. In any case, it is worth investigating. Can you please file an enhancement request in bugzilla?

Thanks
Bob
Re: How does call activity work? [message #1219715 is a reply to message #1219710] Thu, 05 December 2013 14:40 Go to previous message
Michael Michael is currently offline Michael MichaelFriend
Robert Brodt wrote on Thu, 05 December 2013 09:22
Hi Michael,

To add a call to an external Process is a two-step operation: first the file must be added to the list of Imports (in the Process Definitions property tab), then all of the Process definitions in that file will appear in the Called Activity combo box.

Yes, it would be simpler to just have the editor parse all of the *.bpmn files in the workspace and search for Process definitions, but that could cause a significant delay if there are a lot of BPMN files. In any case, it is worth investigating. Can you please file an enhancement request in bugzilla?

Thanks
Bob

Thanks for the quick reply, I created an enhancement request but importing the processes is ok for me too.

Previous Topic:Scope of this effort
Next Topic:Custom property tab
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:56:57 GMT 2024