Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » IllegalValueException when loading diagram
IllegalValueException when loading diagram [message #1219492] Wed, 04 December 2013 08:49 Go to next message
Albert Steckermeier is currently offline Albert SteckermeierFriend
Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a pipes and filter architecture which is visualized by graphiti. The business objects are modeled using emf. The generated model code for the business objects is in a seperate eclipse plugin. We would like to make certain modeled attributes/references from the business objects non-changeable (no setters) and also model this in emf. However, if we set an attributes/references to non-changeable, then eclipse shows an IllegalValueException at the line in the xmi serialized diagram (the .diagram file) where that business object is serialized. If I set the attributes/references to changeable (public setter) the IllegalValueException disappears and everything works fine.

My questions are the following:

1. Is there a way to have non-changeable attributes/references?
2. Does graphiti/emf need the (public setters) to reinitialize the objects after deserializing them or is there another problem that causes the IllegalValueException?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Albert Steckermeier
Re: IllegalValueException when loading diagram [message #1219734 is a reply to message #1219492] Thu, 05 December 2013 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Albert,

not sure if I understood what happened. Is this an exception that is thrown
while loading the resource of a marker on the file?

Michael
Re: IllegalValueException when loading diagram [message #1219748 is a reply to message #1219492] Thu, 05 December 2013 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Albert Steckermeier is currently offline Albert SteckermeierFriend
The Graphiti Diagram Editor simply can't open the .diagram file anymore. The error shown in attachment "Java - Eclipse _017.png" occurs. When I look at the .diagram file in the default text editor the error shown in attachment "Java - Eclipse _018.png" is displayed.

Best regards,

Albert Steckermeier
Re: IllegalValueException when loading diagram [message #1222059 is a reply to message #1219748] Thu, 19 December 2013 15:24 Go to previous message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Albert,

sorry for the late reply, this dropped somehow off the radar...

Do you have a stack trace for the NPE?

Michael
Previous Topic:Redo problem after delete operation
Next Topic:Resize connection decorator not executed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:21:59 GMT 2024