Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » Compile errors with EEF code from XSD generated EMF model(Compile errors with EEF code from XSD generated EMF model)
Compile errors with EEF code from XSD generated EMF model [message #1219394] Tue, 03 December 2013 16:19
Eclipse UserFriend
I have been chasing a problem where my EEF code generation results in code which fails to compile. The problem code appears to involve issues with Strings. I have been able to recreate the problem in the Library Tutorial when generating the EMF model from an XML schema. This is what I tried:

1) I followed the 'Generating an EMF Model using XML Schema' tutorial (http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/topic/org.eclipse.emf.doc/tutorials/xlibmod/xlibmod.html?cp=17_1_2) and generated the EMF editor.

2) I then followed http://wiki.eclipse.org/EEF/Tutorials/First_Generation to create the EEF code.

3) The generated code has two types of issues (ex: BookPropertiesEditionComponent.java):

a) There is an incomplete import statement:
// Start of user code for imports
import ;

b) The first parameter in the following method call is missing a parameter:
if (isAccessible(LibraryViewsRepository.Book.Properties.title_))
basePart.setTitle_(EEFConverterUtil.convertToString(, book.getTitle()));

If I perform the same steps but use the Rose model (library.mdl) to generate the EMF model everything is fine.

Do I need to alter the EMF model or EEF code generation templates to correct this?

Any type of help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

PS: I have attached the model, edit, and editor projects for both approaches (mdl -> emf and xsd -> emf).

[Updated on: Tue, 03 December 2013 16:47] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[EMF/Edit][Teneo] Call to AdapterFactoryEditingDomain.getEditingDomainFor(eObject) returns null, eOb
Next Topic:Teneo Persists and Retrieves superclass not subclass.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:10:09 GMT 2024