Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Installing WindowBuilder
Installing WindowBuilder [message #1219152] Mon, 02 December 2013 12:02 Go to next message
Csaba Mészáros is currently offline Csaba MészárosFriend
Hello!
I would like to know the proper way of installing Eclipse Kepler with WindowBuilder.
I have installed LinuxMint 16, java version "1.7.0_45" oracle, and I am facing difficulties with installation of WB. I would like to have graphical design surface, but the Desing tab doesn't show the preview.
Thank you!
Re: Installing WindowBuilder [message #1219193 is a reply to message #1219152] Mon, 02 December 2013 15:09 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
WindowBuilder installs into Kepler just like any other plugin. Open the Eclipse Install dialog, enter the WB update site URL, select all of the WB components, and install. I just tried it with Kepler (4.3.1), and it installed and ran just fine.

What do you mean by the design tab not showing the preview?

The only piece of what you are using that I am suspicious of is LinuxMint, since I have never used that, and Linux distros are notorious for being incompatible with one another (and themselves for that matter). If everything else about WB seems to be there, but you just aren't seeing anything in the design view, that will almost certainly be an OS / window manager / video driver issue (since the design view images are rendered by those components, and a problem with any of them could result in no image being delivered to WB).
Previous Topic:Problem in Swing JTable column binding wizard - no tabs
Next Topic:Eclipse and WindowBuilder: can't see the live image
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:27:19 GMT 2024