Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » open source time tracking
open source time tracking [message #1219081] Sun, 01 December 2013 14:19 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
I am wondering if the project has any plans to integrate a desktop time tracker such as the non-free and open source TaskTop? I'm looking for something that would be able to cope with Idle time on the desktop, whether in Windows, OS X or Ubuntu. If not, is this due to a conflict of interest with the TaskTop commercial project, with the intent to keep features out of Mylyn that people would motivate people to buy TaskTop? Just trying to see if this something that could be remedied with feature request or integration or not.

Are there any non-Eclipse hosted projects that integrate timers with Mylyn?
Re: open source time tracking [message #1219457 is a reply to message #1219081] Tue, 03 December 2013 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Davis is currently offline Sam DavisFriend
Hi,

We don't have plans to add that, because desktop integration is outside the scope of the Mylyn project. See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn/Charter#Scope.

Cheers,
Sam
Re: open source time tracking [message #1568327 is a reply to message #1219081] Fri, 16 January 2015 22:21 Go to previous message
Torkild Resheim is currently offline Torkild ResheimFriend
I realize it's been a while but I'm working on a Mylyn based time tracker that may be of interest. See https://github.com/turesheim/eclipse-timekeeper

[Updated on: Fri, 16 January 2015 22:21]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Wikitext: textile>xlsfo>pdf
Next Topic:Multiple Query errors after installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:52:42 GMT 2024