Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » IDE functionality in Eclipse 4 RCP(need to use some parts of Eclipse IDE functionality)
IDE functionality in Eclipse 4 RCP [message #1219058] Sat, 30 November 2013 13:54 Go to next message
Martin Bayer is currently offline Martin BayerFriend
Hi,
could anyone tell me, if it is possible to integrate some parts of Eclipse IDE to my own eclipse 4 application?
I could create my own wizards for creation of eclipse plugins or java classes but I hope there is a way to use something what is already created.
Thank you very much,

Martin
Re: IDE functionality in Eclipse 4 RCP [message #1219164 is a reply to message #1219058] Mon, 02 December 2013 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
No the IDE stuff all needs the compat layer as of now. I'm not sure what
the state is in luna. There was a plan to start splitting things up but
I don't know if this work has been started/targeted for Luna.

Tom

On 30.11.13 14:54, Martin Bayer wrote:
> Hi,
> could anyone tell me, if it is possible to integrate some parts of
> Eclipse IDE to my own eclipse 4 application?
> I could create my own wizards for creation of eclipse plugins or java
> classes but I hope there is a way to use something what is already created.
> Thank you very much,
>
> Martin
Re: IDE functionality in Eclipse 4 RCP [message #1219247 is a reply to message #1219164] Mon, 02 December 2013 21:19 Go to previous message
Eric Moffatt is currently offline Eric MoffattFriend

For Luna the focus will be on being able to integrate pure 'e4' parts / handlers...into Eclipse 4 (the opposite direction than you'd like, sorry). This is because the workbench code is *so* self-referential that it's apparent that it'll take a lot of refactoring to do this. I tried to port the 'Error Log' view (the simplest one I could find) but even after a full week of work I just realized that the string I was pulling on was of almost infinite length...;-(. So for now the idea is to use the Eclipse 4 RCP story if you need existing features and to ensure that your pure e4 bits will work directly in the resulting model (i.e. they'll get ViewReferences...).
Previous Topic:Logger outside Application Model
Next Topic:Decorating the Shell just before it appears
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:23:53 GMT 2024