Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » MOXy Performance and Caching
MOXy Performance and Caching [message #1216307] Thu, 28 November 2013 12:14 Go to next message
Peter Gaber is currently offline Peter GaberFriend
Hi,

Found some helpful threads in past time here, but unfortunately nothing regarding this question:

I use eclipselink in a quite big web app for displaying thousands of instances and updating them almost in real time. while this works, I found that with increasing load (e.g. 1000 queries per second) our database gets slow. Since we can't easily replace the db, I tried switching to using a REST Service with json messages and getting all the entities by MOXy unmarshalling etc.

While this works basically for a few requests, I wonder about 2 things:
1. will be the REST service really faster in the end? Again, we're talking about 1000 requests per second roughly. Maybe someone can share some experiences.

2. it seems that there is no way to use any type of eclipselink caching when working with MOXy, or maybe I'm blind. I know that MOXy is just an extension for xml parsing etc, but can't I connect to a kind of entityManager? As with JPA, I was updating the entities immediately in the cache and then pushing all updates every 10 seconds to the user UI. Is there a way to do this easily by using some eclipselink functions?

Hopefully someone can dig into this. Thank you very much in advance!
Best Regards
Re: MOXy Performance and Caching [message #1219930 is a reply to message #1216307] Fri, 06 December 2013 21:05 Go to previous message
Blaise Doughan is currently offline Blaise DoughanFriend

Hi Peter,

EclipseLink ORM/JPA can speed up the data access by caching data and reducing database hits. Once you have the object there isn't any more you can gain from the cache. MOXy then takes the object and converts it to JSON and/or XML.

-Blaise
Previous Topic:MOXy, XmlAdapter, and @Inject
Next Topic:(Composite) persistence.xml: NamedQuery of name XYZ not found.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:39:41 GMT 2024