Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.problem.AbortCompilation: Pb(324) The type org.eclipse.xtext.gener
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.problem.AbortCompilation: Pb(324) The type org.eclipse.xtext.gener [message #1215991] Thu, 28 November 2013 09:23 Go to next message
Aaron Digulla is currently offline Aaron DigullaFriend
I have these in my log:

"Could not retrieve superclass"

org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.problem.AbortCompilation: Pb(324) The type org.eclipse.xtext.generator.ecore.EcoreGeneratorFragment cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.problem.ProblemHandler.handle(ProblemHandler.java:137)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.problem.ProblemHandler.handle(ProblemHandler.java:210)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.problem.ProblemReporter.handle(ProblemReporter.java:2183)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.problem.ProblemReporter.isClassPathCorrect(ProblemReporter.java:4226)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.lookup.UnresolvedReferenceBinding.resolve(UnresolvedReferenceBinding.java:59)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.lookup.BinaryTypeBinding.resolveType(BinaryTypeBinding.java:138)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.lookup.BinaryTypeBinding.superclass(BinaryTypeBinding.java:1383)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.TypeBinding.getSuperclass(TypeBinding.java:807)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.access.jdt.JdtBasedTypeFactory.setSuperTypes(JdtBasedTypeFactory.java:906)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.access.jdt.JdtBasedTypeFactory.createType(JdtBasedTypeFactory.java:436)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.access.jdt.JdtBasedTypeFactory.createType(JdtBasedTypeFactory.java:368)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.access.jdt.JdtBasedTypeFactory.createType(JdtBasedTypeFactory.java:333)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.access.jdt.JdtBasedTypeFactory.createType(JdtBasedTypeFactory.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.access.jdt.JdtTypeMirror.initialize(JdtTypeMirror.java:36)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.access.TypeResource.doLoad(TypeResource.java:115)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1518)

Unfortunately, the error doesn't say which of my 95 projects is causing the problem Sad Any ideas how to speed up the debug process?
Re: org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.problem.AbortCompilation: Pb(324) The type org.eclipse.xtext.g [message #1219173 is a reply to message #1215991] Mon, 02 December 2013 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sven Efftinge is currently offline Sven EfftingeFriend
Unfortunately this is logged by JDT and we haven't found a way to
suppress it. It's likely not causing any trouble.

Do you see any problems you think are related to this?

Am 11/28/13 10:24 AM, schrieb Aaron Digulla:
> I have these in my log:
>
> "Could not retrieve superclass"
>
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.problem.AbortCompilation: Pb(324) The
> type org.eclipse.xtext.generator.ecore.EcoreGeneratorFragment cannot be
> resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
> at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.problem.ProblemHandler.handle(ProblemHandler.java:137)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.problem.ProblemHandler.handle(ProblemHandler.java:210)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.problem.ProblemReporter.handle(ProblemReporter.java:2183)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.problem.ProblemReporter.isClassPathCorrect(ProblemReporter.java:4226)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.lookup.UnresolvedReferenceBinding.resolve(UnresolvedReferenceBinding.java:59)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.lookup.BinaryTypeBinding.resolveType(BinaryTypeBinding.java:138)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.lookup.BinaryTypeBinding.superclass(BinaryTypeBinding.java:1383)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.TypeBinding.getSuperclass(TypeBinding.java:807)
> at
> org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.access.jdt.JdtBasedTypeFactory.setSuperTypes(JdtBasedTypeFactory.java:906)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.access.jdt.JdtBasedTypeFactory.createType(JdtBasedTypeFactory.java:436)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.access.jdt.JdtBasedTypeFactory.createType(JdtBasedTypeFactory.java:368)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.access.jdt.JdtBasedTypeFactory.createType(JdtBasedTypeFactory.java:333)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.access.jdt.JdtBasedTypeFactory.createType(JdtBasedTypeFactory.java:1)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.access.jdt.JdtTypeMirror.initialize(JdtTypeMirror.java:36)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.xtext.common.types.access.TypeResource.doLoad(TypeResource.java:115)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1518)
>
>
>
> Unfortunately, the error doesn't say which of my 95 projects is causing
> the problem :( Any ideas how to speed up the debug process?

--
Need professional support for Xtext or other Eclipse Modeling technologies?
Go to: http://xtext.itemis.com
Twitter : @svenefftinge
Blog : http://blog.efftinge.de
Re: org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.problem.AbortCompilation: Pb(324) The type org.eclipse.xtext.g [message #1237017 is a reply to message #1219173] Tue, 28 January 2014 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, everything seems to work. It just diminishes my confidence in the product Smile
Re: org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.problem.AbortCompilation: Pb(324) The type org.eclipse.xtext.g [message #1245216 is a reply to message #1237017] Thu, 13 February 2014 13:20 Go to previous message
Today, I had some time to debug Eclipse and Xtext. It turns out that the resource which Xtext tries to "build" is DslGeneratorMWE.mwe2.

In my project, DslGeneratorMWE.mwe2 is in the folder resources/ which is part of the sources to include in the build (along with the .xtext grammar).

When location DSL resources on the classpath, XtextBuilder sees this file and tries to start the MWE2 workflow parser.

I see two solutions:

1. Adding the MWE2 plugin to the classpath "somewhere".
2. Removing the *.mwe2 file from the plugin

I tried both:

I moved the *.mwe2 file from the resource folder to the root of the DSL plugin. When I do that, then MWE2 can't execute it anymore (the error says that MWE2 can't find the file).

I added org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core to the DSL runtime and UI plugins but that didn't help. My guess it that I'd have to add it to the classpath of the project which contains the DSL file (i.e. not at the side where the DSL editor is developed but on the side where the DSL editor is used).

Is there a way to tell Tycho or Eclipse not to include the mwe2 file in the binary plugin?

Note: If you want to debug this, start an instance of Eclipse from the Eclipse in which you develop your DSL and set a breakpoint on this line:

org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.util.Util.log(e, "Could not retrieve superclass"); //$NON-NLS-1$

inside of the method ITypeBinding getSuperclass() in the file org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.TypeBinding (should be around line 814).

[Updated on: Thu, 13 February 2014 13:24]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Import Ecore Elements in Xtext DSL
Next Topic:JvmField expression initializer generates function application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:43:09 GMT 2024