Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to declare TimeEvent?
How to declare TimeEvent? [message #1211437] Tue, 26 November 2013 12:40 Go to next message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
I'm creating a state machine where a trigger is to be a time event.

I have found the TimeEvent element and created that one, and I have added this as te trigger.

What can't figure out is to set up the TimeEvent so that it shows "after 1s", that is trigger after the time one second.

Can anybody help please?

Regards,
Tomas Sandkvist
Re: How to declare TimeEvent? [message #1214322 is a reply to message #1211437] Wed, 27 November 2013 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chriss Matt is currently offline Chriss MattFriend
Hi Tomas !

As far as I know(but I am not completely sure),you should try the following to model after 1 s:

1)add a timing event (by right-clicking on the model node and selecting New Child->Create a new TimeEvent).

2)Set Is relative to true.

3) Create a new time expression for When by clicking on the "+" button.
In the Create a new TimeExpression dialog, write t for the expression name, create ("+" button) an OpaqueExpression in java with the body code 1 second

4)Now we are ready to add a trigger for the transition. Click on the "+" button next to Trigger and select ("..." button) Event from the list of events defined in the model.

this is a figure 13.13 Simple time from UML specification helps you see the relation between TimeExpression and TimeEvent
index.php/fa/16867/0/

Regards
Chriss

[Updated on: Wed, 27 November 2013 16:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to declare TimeEvent? [message #1215701 is a reply to message #1214322] Thu, 28 November 2013 06:38 Go to previous message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
Ouch, simpler than it looked... Thanks Chriss, and the picture is helpful for understanding this for any future, more complicated, time events!

Regards,
Tomas
Previous Topic:Importing OMG's Profiles
Next Topic:Attributes not displaying in class box
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:29:08 GMT 2024