Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » New C++ Class wizard adding C: in the #include statement(Not sure what has gone wrong, but new C++ Class wizard adding text it shouldn't)
New C++ Class wizard adding C: in the #include statement [message #1199377] Wed, 20 November 2013 20:39
CGO SenseiC is currently offline CGO SenseiCFriend
Windows 7 x64
Version: Kepler Service Release 1
Build id: 20130919-0819
C:\MinGW\bin>mingw32-c++ --version
mingw32-c++ (GCC) 4.8.1

No clue what just happened, but now every time I attempt to add a new C++ class, the wizard adds text in the new class's .cpp file it shouldn't.

Steps I have tried to resolve (I know... not much, but at a loss here):

• Use a completely new workspace
  • Start eclipse using --clean

At this point I will simply "install" a new instance of Eclipse and use that, but will leave the "problem child" intact for now in case someone has some suggestions to try. I will say that I had not had any issues like this and used this installation of Eclipse w/o issue for several weeks.

Started Eclipse using a completely new workspace and I created a new Hello World C++ Project with the MingW GCC toolchain. The new project builds without a problem. I then clicked on the "New C++ Class" button and entered the following (meaning no other changes):
Class name: Bogus
Clicked the [Finish] button.

Everything "seems fine"... except when I click on the new class's source file in the Project Explorer I notice the following:

#include "C:Bogus.h"

Bogus::Bogus() {
	// TODO Auto-generated constructor stub

}

Bogus::~Bogus() {
	// TODO Auto-generated destructor stub
}
Anyone have a clue where in the world that blasted "C:" in the #include directive magically came from? Needless to say the compiler complains rather bitterly until I remove it, save, and rebuild.

SenseiC bows out.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 November 2013 20:40]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:wx/setup.h: No such file
Next Topic:eclipse Kepler on MacOS X configuration for using autotools
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:30:18 GMT 2024