Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Can't create dynamic web project
Can't create dynamic web project [message #191539] Mon, 16 April 2007 16:01 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: joerg.von.frantzius.artnology.com

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
Hi,<br>
<br>
with my Eclipse 3.3 M6 and WTP 2.0 M6 I cannot create a dynamic web
project (I can edit .jsp and .xml, though, and create a static web
project). <br>
<br>
I can't see any red squiggles in the Product Configuration next to any
of the WTP features, but there are some weird messages in the log:<br>
<blockquote>Warning<br>
Mon Apr 16 17:55:43 CEST 2007<br>
Conflict for
'AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.serveractions/or g.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.clearworkdir':
HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server .tomcat.ui.serveractions/org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.cl earworkdir,handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclip se.jst.server.tomcat.ui.internal.actions.CleanWorkDirAction) ,expression=WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@46bd530),sourcePriority=16384):
HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server .tomcat.ui.serveractions/org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.cl earworkdir,handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclip se.jst.server.tomcat.ui.internal.actions.CleanWorkDirAction) ,expression=WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@46bd530),sourcePriority=16384)<br>
</blockquote>
<blockquote>Warning<br>
Mon Apr 16 17:55:43 CEST 2007<br>
Conflict for
'AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.serveractions/or g.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.clearworkdir':
HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server .tomcat.ui.serveractions/org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.cl earworkdir,handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclip se.jst.server.tomcat.ui.internal.actions.CleanWorkDirAction) ,expression=WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@46bd530),sourcePriority=16384):
HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server .tomcat.ui.serveractions/org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.cl earworkdir,handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclip se.jst.server.tomcat.ui.internal.actions.CleanWorkDirAction) ,expression=WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@46bd530),sourcePriority=16384)<br>
</blockquote>
There are no "could not resolve bundle" or the like in the log.<br>
<br>
Does anybody have a clue what I could do about it?<br>
<br>
Thanks,<br>
J&ouml;rg<br>
</body>
</html>
Re: Can't create dynamic web project [message #191548 is a reply to message #191539] Mon, 16 April 2007 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Larry Isaacs is currently offline Larry IsaacsFriend
You can try adding "-clean" and "-debug" to your Eclipse startup
arguments an likely get additional info in your Error Log with respect
to "could not resolve bundle". The "clearworkdir" warning message is a
known issue for M6 which won't cause any problems. It has been fixed in
the current WTP 2.0 I-Build.

Cheers,
Larry

Jörg von Frantzius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with my Eclipse 3.3 M6 and WTP 2.0 M6 I cannot create a dynamic web
> project (I can edit .jsp and .xml, though, and create a static web
> project).
>
> I can't see any red squiggles in the Product Configuration next to any
> of the WTP features, but there are some weird messages in the log:
>
> Warning
> Mon Apr 16 17:55:43 CEST 2007
> Conflict for
> 'AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.serveractions/or g.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.clearworkdir':
> HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server .tomcat.ui.serveractions/org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.cl earworkdir,handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclip se.jst.server.tomcat.ui.internal.actions.CleanWorkDirAction) ,expression=WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@46bd530),sourcePriority=16384):
> HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server .tomcat.ui.serveractions/org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.cl earworkdir,handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclip se.jst.server.tomcat.ui.internal.actions.CleanWorkDirAction) ,expression=WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@46bd530),sourcePriority=16384)
>
> Warning
> Mon Apr 16 17:55:43 CEST 2007
> Conflict for
> 'AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.serveractions/or g.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.clearworkdir':
> HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server .tomcat.ui.serveractions/org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.cl earworkdir,handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclip se.jst.server.tomcat.ui.internal.actions.CleanWorkDirAction) ,expression=WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@46bd530),sourcePriority=16384):
> HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server .tomcat.ui.serveractions/org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.cl earworkdir,handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclip se.jst.server.tomcat.ui.internal.actions.CleanWorkDirAction) ,expression=WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@46bd530),sourcePriority=16384)
>
> There are no "could not resolve bundle" or the like in the log.
>
> Does anybody have a clue what I could do about it?
>
> Thanks,
> Jörg
Re: Can't create dynamic web project [message #191555 is a reply to message #191548] Mon, 16 April 2007 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: joerg.von.frantzius.artnology.com

Thanks for the hint, the root cause seems to be the emf[2.3.0,2.4.0)
requirement. Does WTP really require EMF 2.3.0 as the lower version
bound, because API or behaviour new in EMF 2.3.0 is required?

Larry Isaacs wrote:
> You can try adding "-clean" and "-debug" to your Eclipse startup
> arguments an likely get additional info in your Error Log with respect
> to "could not resolve bundle". The "clearworkdir" warning message is
> a known issue for M6 which won't cause any problems. It has been
> fixed in the current WTP 2.0 I-Build.
>
> Cheers,
> Larry
>
> Jörg von Frantzius wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> with my Eclipse 3.3 M6 and WTP 2.0 M6 I cannot create a dynamic web
>> project (I can edit .jsp and .xml, though, and create a static web
>> project).
>>
>> I can't see any red squiggles in the Product Configuration next to
>> any of the WTP features, but there are some weird messages in the log:
>>
>> Warning
>> Mon Apr 16 17:55:43 CEST 2007
>> Conflict for
>>
>> 'AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.serveractions/or g.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.clearworkdir':
>>
>>
>> HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server .tomcat.ui.serveractions/org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.cl earworkdir,handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclip se.jst.server.tomcat.ui.internal.actions.CleanWorkDirAction) ,expression=WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@46bd530),sourcePriority=16384):
>>
>>
>> HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server .tomcat.ui.serveractions/org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.cl earworkdir,handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclip se.jst.server.tomcat.ui.internal.actions.CleanWorkDirAction) ,expression=WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@46bd530),sourcePriority=16384)
>>
>>
>> Warning
>> Mon Apr 16 17:55:43 CEST 2007
>> Conflict for
>>
>> 'AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.serveractions/or g.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.clearworkdir':
>>
>>
>> HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server .tomcat.ui.serveractions/org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.cl earworkdir,handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclip se.jst.server.tomcat.ui.internal.actions.CleanWorkDirAction) ,expression=WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@46bd530),sourcePriority=16384):
>>
>>
>> HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server .tomcat.ui.serveractions/org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.cl earworkdir,handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclip se.jst.server.tomcat.ui.internal.actions.CleanWorkDirAction) ,expression=WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@46bd530),sourcePriority=16384)
>>
>>
>> There are no "could not resolve bundle" or the like in the log.
>>
>> Does anybody have a clue what I could do about it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jörg
Re: Can't create dynamic web project [message #191561 is a reply to message #191555] Mon, 16 April 2007 17:34 Go to previous message
Larry Isaacs is currently offline Larry IsaacsFriend
I don't know the exact reasons, but yes, EMF 2.3.0 is required, along
with GEF 3.3 and DTP 1.5.

Larry

Jörg von Frantzius wrote:
> Thanks for the hint, the root cause seems to be the emf[2.3.0,2.4.0)
> requirement. Does WTP really require EMF 2.3.0 as the lower version
> bound, because API or behaviour new in EMF 2.3.0 is required?
>
> Larry Isaacs wrote:
>> You can try adding "-clean" and "-debug" to your Eclipse startup
>> arguments an likely get additional info in your Error Log with respect
>> to "could not resolve bundle". The "clearworkdir" warning message is
>> a known issue for M6 which won't cause any problems. It has been
>> fixed in the current WTP 2.0 I-Build.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Larry
>>
>> Jörg von Frantzius wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> with my Eclipse 3.3 M6 and WTP 2.0 M6 I cannot create a dynamic web
>>> project (I can edit .jsp and .xml, though, and create a static web
>>> project).
>>>
>>> I can't see any red squiggles in the Product Configuration next to
>>> any of the WTP features, but there are some weird messages in the log:
>>>
>>> Warning
>>> Mon Apr 16 17:55:43 CEST 2007
>>> Conflict for
>>>
>>> 'AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.serveractions/or g.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.clearworkdir':
>>>
>>>
>>> HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server .tomcat.ui.serveractions/org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.cl earworkdir,handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclip se.jst.server.tomcat.ui.internal.actions.CleanWorkDirAction) ,expression=WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@46bd530),sourcePriority=16384):
>>>
>>>
>>> HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server .tomcat.ui.serveractions/org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.cl earworkdir,handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclip se.jst.server.tomcat.ui.internal.actions.CleanWorkDirAction) ,expression=WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@46bd530),sourcePriority=16384)
>>>
>>>
>>> Warning
>>> Mon Apr 16 17:55:43 CEST 2007
>>> Conflict for
>>>
>>> 'AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.serveractions/or g.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.clearworkdir':
>>>
>>>
>>> HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server .tomcat.ui.serveractions/org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.cl earworkdir,handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclip se.jst.server.tomcat.ui.internal.actions.CleanWorkDirAction) ,expression=WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@46bd530),sourcePriority=16384):
>>>
>>>
>>> HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.jst.server .tomcat.ui.serveractions/org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.ui.cl earworkdir,handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclip se.jst.server.tomcat.ui.internal.actions.CleanWorkDirAction) ,expression=WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@46bd530),sourcePriority=16384)
>>>
>>>
>>> There are no "could not resolve bundle" or the like in the log.
>>>
>>> Does anybody have a clue what I could do about it?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jörg
Previous Topic:wtp 2.0M6 fills error log
Next Topic:can't run two instance of tomcat, because catalina.base keeps getting reset...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:03:14 GMT 2024