Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » @Inject in MPart?
@Inject in MPart? [message #1194467] Mon, 18 November 2013 14:23 Go to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Hi,

I would like to contribute to the platform and introduce the Eclipse Translation Pattern to the application model. As described in [1] I would like to add support for locale changes at runtime to the application model itself.

From an abstract point of view the model needs to listen to changes to the Locale in the context and then update the view (e.g. the label of a MPart).

Does anybody have an idea where to start to look at? I was thinking of an example where I implement some method injection mechanism to MPart, but that seems not to be the right place, or I don't see how to do it right.

Any help is appreciated!

Greez,
Dirk
Re: @Inject in MPart? [message #1196382 is a reply to message #1194467] Tue, 19 November 2013 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Have the part listen to an event in the broker?

Take a look how StackRenderer (platform code) listens to different thrown from the EMF layer when the model is manipulated.
Re: @Inject in MPart? [message #1196443 is a reply to message #1196382] Tue, 19 November 2013 12:20 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Thanks Sopot. Tom had a similar idea and will move the discussion to the mailing list. Maybe with the results of the discussion I will be able to extend the model to support locale changes at runtime. Smile
Previous Topic:text (label) below Handled Tool Item
Next Topic:CSS Stops Working in a ScrolledComposite
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:07:58 GMT 2024