Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Reducing 2 Palette Tools to 1 Tool(Same semantically elements for different scopes)
Reducing 2 Palette Tools to 1 Tool [message #1194414] Mon, 18 November 2013 13:52 Go to next message
Erik Schondorff is currently offline Erik SchondorffFriend
Hi community,

I have a question again Smile

My problem sounds not problematic, but I have not an other idea:

I have two Creation Tools in my palette for the elements A1 and B2. Every element does semantically the same job, but for different scopes. A1 can be placed in the diagram directly and the other element, B2, can be placed only in the compartment of A1.
Because both elements do the same job, I wanted to reduce it to one Creation Tool, so I deleted the Creation Tool for B2. After it, I extended A1CompartmentItemSemanticEditPolicy.getCreateCommand(CreateElementRequest). So if the element type is B2, initialize a new CreateElementRequest with the the
type of B2 and return a new B2CreateCommand. But this doesnt work and runs into following exception:

### --- ### --- ###

!ENTRY org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui 4 4 2013-11-18 14:48:33.804
!MESSAGE execute
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.core.commands.ExecutionException: While executing the operation, an exception occurred
at org.eclipse.core.commands.operations.DefaultOperationHistory.execute(DefaultOperationHistory.java:521)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.commands.CheckedOperationHistory.execute(CheckedOperationHistory.java:182)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.parts.DiagramCommandStack.execute(DiagramCommandStack.java:206)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.parts.DiagramCommandStack.execute(DiagramCommandStack.java:169)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.parts.DiagramCommandStack.execute(DiagramCommandStack.java:156)
at org.eclipse.gef.tools.AbstractTool.executeCommand(AbstractTool.java:425)
at org.eclipse.gef.tools.AbstractTool.executeCurrentCommand(AbstractTool.java:438)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.diagram.common.service.AspectUnspecifiedTypeCreationTool.performCreation(AspectUnspecifiedTypeCreationTool.java:133)
at org.eclipse.gef.tools.CreationTool.handleButtonUp(CreationTool.java:189)
at org.eclipse.gef.tools.AbstractTool.mouseUp(AbstractTool.java:1200)
at org.eclipse.gef.EditDomain.mouseUp(EditDomain.java:301)
at org.eclipse.gef.ui.parts.DomainEventDispatcher.dispatchMouseReleased(DomainEventDispatcher.java:380)
at org.eclipse.draw2d.LightweightSystem$EventHandler.mouseUp(LightweightSystem.java:548)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:220)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4169)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3758)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:942)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:86)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:588)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:543)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.AbstractEMFOperation.inheritedOptions(AbstractEMFOperation.java:252)
at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.AbstractEMFOperation.execute(AbstractEMFOperation.java:138)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.commands.SemanticCreateCommand.doExecuteWithResult(SemanticCreateCommand.java:91)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.common.core.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:134)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.common.core.command.CompositeCommand.doExecuteWithResult(CompositeCommand.java:403)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.common.core.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:134)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.common.core.command.CompositeCommand.doExecuteWithResult(CompositeCommand.java:403)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.operations.DefaultOperationHistory.execute(DefaultOperationHistory.java:513)
... 39 more

### --- ### --- ###

This was my most intuitive way to solve my problem.

Has anybody an idea?

Thanks a lot.
Best regards, Erik
Re: Reducing 2 Palette Tools to 1 Tool [message #1200439 is a reply to message #1194414] Thu, 21 November 2013 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

all you need to do is to map one tool to both elements in gmfmap. GMF should do the everything for you.

Ralph
Re: Reducing 2 Palette Tools to 1 Tool [message #1200464 is a reply to message #1200439] Thu, 21 November 2013 08:52 Go to previous message
Erik Schondorff is currently offline Erik SchondorffFriend
That sounds too simple...but it works Very Happy

Thanks Smile
Previous Topic:GMF Command
Next Topic:Attribute Generation Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:00:51 GMT 2024