Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Controlling position of (vertical) scrollbar in the outline
Controlling position of (vertical) scrollbar in the outline [message #1194026] Mon, 18 November 2013 09:49 Go to next message
daniele fochetti is currently offline daniele fochettiFriend
Hi all

Expanding the tree in the outline shows the vertical scroll bar within the outline view.
Scrolling down and selecting a node the first time leads to the following unpredictable behaviour:
Jumps on top (sometimes)
Jumps on top and returns to the correct position (somtimes)
Remains on the correct position (somtimes)

This behaviour is only, when selecting a node the first time (loading data).

The outline tree is composed of pages/childpages derived from AbstractPageWithTable and AbstractPageWithNodes.

Can somebody give me a hint, where the positioning of the scrollbar is handeled?

Thanks in advance.
Daniele
Re: Controlling position of (vertical) scrollbar in the outline [message #1220016 is a reply to message #1194026] Mon, 09 December 2013 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Nick is currently offline Matthias NickFriend
Hi Daniele,
thanks for you question and sorry for the late response.

Do you still have this problem? If so, the following information would help me to reproduce the problem:
- What version of Scout do you use (3.8, 3.9, 3.10)?
- What GUI technology do you use? (Swing, SWT, RAP)?

Greetings,
Matthias
Re: Controlling position of (vertical) scrollbar in the outline [message #1220071 is a reply to message #1220016] Mon, 09 December 2013 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Matthias

Yes, we still have this problem.
The applications UI is SWT and the Scout version is 3.8.

Thanks
Daniele
Re: Controlling position of (vertical) scrollbar in the outline [message #1220083 is a reply to message #1220071] Mon, 09 December 2013 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Daniele,

I tried our demo widget application (Wiki: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/Demo, Git: https://github.com/BSI-Business-Systems-Integration-AG/org.eclipsescout.demo.git) and I got the following behaviour:

1) I expand the outline tree
2) I scroll down a little bit
3) I select a node in the outline tree

My horizontal scrollbar stays at its position as I would expect (tried several times). I also attached two images, before I clicked on the the node and after I clicked on the node (StringField).

Was my approach correct? Would you mind to test our demo application to see if your problem also occurs there?

Thank you very much,
Matthias
  • Attachment: before.png
    (Size: 57.29KB, Downloaded 152 times)
  • Attachment: after.png
    (Size: 34.13KB, Downloaded 167 times)
Re: Controlling position of (vertical) scrollbar in the outline [message #1220200 is a reply to message #1220083] Tue, 10 December 2013 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Matthias

Thank you for your verifications.
Just to put it more puzzling. Our application has three outlines, but the strange behaviour only occurs in one of them. The two others work as expected.

Regards
Daniele
Re: Controlling position of (vertical) scrollbar in the outline [message #1220214 is a reply to message #1220200] Tue, 10 December 2013 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hm... interesting.
Would it be too much work if you would create a small sample application with your setup?

Matthias
Re: Controlling position of (vertical) scrollbar in the outline [message #1232627 is a reply to message #1220214] Fri, 17 January 2014 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Matthias

Problem solved. It had something to do with setting leaf attribute. We placed setLeaf(...) into execInitPage() and this caused the problem after migrating to Scout 3.8.

Daniele
Re: Controlling position of (vertical) scrollbar in the outline [message #1232647 is a reply to message #1232627] Fri, 17 January 2014 12:17 Go to previous message
Hi Daniele,

glad you got it working. And thanks for sharing the solution.

Best regards,
Matthias
Previous Topic:Tablepage out of sync with treeselection
Next Topic:Feedback from Standalone Client Implementation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:11:10 GMT 2024