Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Importing Requirement Spreadsheet?(How to import?)
Importing Requirement Spreadsheet? [message #1186762] Thu, 14 November 2013 21:44 Go to next message
Matt Park is currently offline Matt ParkFriend
Can Papyrus import a spreadsheet with requirements into a SysML model?

I'm struggling with figuring out how to do this. My searching is not coming up with much. I found some topcased tutorials but I cannot seem to get Papyrus to have the same features (and I saw the recent post on ProR integration but that doesn't seem to handle typical spreadhsheets).

How do I configure Papyrus for this ability?

I'm using : Papyrus UML (Incubation) 0.10.1.v201309181302

Thanks
Re: Importing Requirement Spreadsheet? [message #1187738 is a reply to message #1186762] Fri, 15 November 2013 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hi Matt,
Yes, it is possible (It is not a real import, but a copy/paste). I advice you to install the new version of the Papyrus tables (they are provided in papyrus extra-plugins).
After the installation, you can create a Requirement Table (from the ModelExplorer View), selecting a Package (with the SysML Profile applied).
The created table will have 3 columns : id, name, text.

Sort the columns in the same order in Excel and in Papyrus, then select your line in Excel and paste them in the papyrus table.
The requirement will be created with your value.

(It is not a real import, but a copy/paste).
Re: Importing Requirement Spreadsheet? [message #1188199 is a reply to message #1187738] Fri, 15 November 2013 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply. I installed Papyrus Tabulator Editors (Incubation) [Papyrus SysML Table - New Version (Incubation) 0.10.0.v201306261119] and can create a new requirements table with the 3 columns: id, name, text.

I can only paste into a single cell at a time in the new table and only after manually creating a new requirement in the table (right click Create New SysML Element).

Does this version allow for multi-row pastes or multi-column pastes? When I select multi-columns or rows I cannot find a paste option.

Is there documentation available, I could not find any after several searches.
Re: Importing Requirement Spreadsheet? [message #1188247 is a reply to message #1188199] Fri, 15 November 2013 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
To paste from Excel, you should select your lines in Excel (with only 3 columns in the same order than in the Papyrus table), then paste them directly inside the Papyrus table. The requirements will be created with the correct values!

However I'm not sure that this feature exists in the version 0.10...
Maybe it is only in the version 0.10.1

update site for the last Papyrus release(0.10.1) : http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/updates/releases/kepler

The user documentation for the table is available here : http://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus_User_Guide/Table_V2_Documentation but it is not yet finished... Sad

Re: Importing Requirement Spreadsheet? [message #1189146 is a reply to message #1188247] Sat, 16 November 2013 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, I upgraded to 0.10.1 and got the bulk copy and paste to work for at least 1000 rows - cool.

Thanks for the help.
Re: Importing Requirement Spreadsheet? [message #1237398 is a reply to message #1189146] Wed, 29 January 2014 15:58 Go to previous message
Furkan Eke is currently offline Furkan EkeFriend
Eclipse version: Kepler Service Release 1 Build id: 20130919-0819
Papyrus version: 0.10.1.v201309181302

I have the above installation but i can not bulk copy reqs.

There is no context menu entry for paste, so i simply tried the keyboard shortcuts "ctrl+v".

What can be missing here? The column order can not be the problem.
Previous Topic:Papyrus in SpringSource Tool Suite Not Working
Next Topic:[SOLVED] How to reorder stereotype properties in profile diagram?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:10:04 GMT 2024