Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Problem in creating Representation file (Not able to create Representation for a custom xml file)
Problem in creating Representation file [message #1184242] Wed, 13 November 2013 10:12 Go to next message
Rahul Nair is currently offline Rahul NairFriend
Hello,

I'm trying to use a custom xml file with custom xml schema instance, for creating a representation file.
With EMF, this file is working fine. But, when I try to create a representation file for that file, its showing some errors.

Can custom xml files be used to create the representation file?

Is there any way we can change the code of sirius plugin and allow it to make use of this custom xml file?

Please, let me know..!!

I have attached the error message

Thank you.!
Re: Problem in creating Representation file [message #1184605 is a reply to message #1184242] Wed, 13 November 2013 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Lagarde is currently offline Alex LagardeFriend

Hi Rahul,

could you please clarify what you mean by "custom XML file" ? As long as
this xml file can be loaded as an EMF model (a quick way to test it is
to open it whith the Sample Reflective Ecore Editor), it will work with
sirius.

Best regards,
Alex

Le 13/11/2013 16:10, Rahul Nair a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use a custom xml file with custom xml schema instance, for
> creating a representation file.
> With EMF, this file is working fine. But, when I try to create a
> representation file for that file, its showing some errors.
>
> Can custom xml files be used to create the representation file?
>
> Is there any way we can change the code of sirius plugin and allow it to
> make use of this custom xml file?
>
> Please, let me know..!!
>
> I have attached the error message
>
> Thank you.!
Re: Problem in creating Representation file [message #1186090 is a reply to message #1184605] Thu, 14 November 2013 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Alex,

Thanks for the reply, I tried opening this file with Sample Reflective Ecore Model Editor , its working fine. But, when I tried to open with Sirius Ecore Editor, its showing an error.

java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: ea

By Custom, xml file I meant, this is not a standard xml file, we are using our own namespace and all.
Re: Problem in creating Representation file [message #1186167 is a reply to message #1186090] Thu, 14 November 2013 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Lagarde is currently offline Alex LagardeFriend

Hi Rahul,

this is normal: the Sirius Ecore Editor is only meant to work on ecore
models. I was asking you to try to open your model with the Sample
Reflective Editor to determine whether your model was well formed or not.

Ok so let's get back to your initial problem: you have a valid EMF
model, and "when you try to create a representation file for that file
its showing some errors". What kind of representation are you trying to
create? One you have defined for this model?

Best regards,
Alex

Le 14/11/2013 14:25, Rahul Nair a écrit :
> Hello Alex,
>
> Thanks for the reply, I tried opening this file with Sample Reflective
> Ecore Model Editor , its working fine. But, when I tried to open with
> Sirius Ecore Editor, its showing an error.
>
> java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: ea
>
> By Custom, xml file I meant, this is not a standard xml file, we are
> using our own namespace and all.
Re: Problem in creating Representation file [message #1194051 is a reply to message #1186167] Mon, 18 November 2013 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Alex,

I'm able to open the model with Sample Reflective Ecore Model editor it is working fine
That means the model is well formed right?

In the Sirius modelling project, when I try to create the representation file, for this it gives me an error log:

java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: ea

Hope you understood my problem.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 November 2013 14:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem in creating Representation file [message #1194705 is a reply to message #1194051] Mon, 18 November 2013 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Le 18/11/2013 11:05, Rahul Nair a écrit :
> I'm not able to open the model with Sample Reflective Ecore Model editor
> it is working fine
> That means the model is well formed right?

If the file opens without an error using EMF's own "Sample Reflective
Ecore Model Editor", then yes the model is well-formed. But your
sentence starts with "I'm *not* able to open the model", so I'm not sure.

> In the Sirius modelling project, when I try to create the representation
> file

If you have created a Sirius "Modeling Project", you should already have
the representation file (it is called "representations.aird").

Can you describe in terms of end-user actions what you do when you
"create the representation file"?

See also the documentation is available
http://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/user/general/Modeling%20Project.html,
maybe it will be more clear.

Note that creating a representation file will not allow you to do much
by itself, you must have created the specifications for the way you want
Sirius to represent your data.

> for this it gives me an error log:

Can you post the complete stack trace?

Regards,
Pierre-Charles David

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Problem in creating Representation file [message #1196219 is a reply to message #1194705] Tue, 19 November 2013 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello David,

I have a file inside a normal eclipse project , which is a semantic model (kind of uml). It is opening with the Sample Reflective Ecore Model editor,
When I try to create the representation file for this semantic model, it gives me an error:

org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$1DiagnosticWrappedException: java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: ea
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.handleDemandLoadException(ResourceSetImpl.java:319)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:278)
at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.XtextResourceSet.getResource(XtextResourceSet.java:201)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.getEObject(ResourceSetImpl.java:220)
at org.eclipse.sphinx.emf.ecore.proxymanagement.ProxyResolutionBehavior.eResolveProxyInResourceSet(ProxyResolutionBehavior.java:62)
at org.eclipse.sphinx.emf.ecore.proxymanagement.ProxyResolutionBehavior.eResolveProxy(ProxyResolutionBehavior.java:46)
at org.eclipse.sphinx.emf.ecore.ExtendedEObjectImpl.eResolveProxy(ExtendedEObjectImpl.java:34)
at eastadl21.east_adl.structure.hardwaremodeling._instanceref.impl.HardwareConnector_portImpl.getHardwareComponentPrototype(HardwareConnector_portImpl.java:91)
at eastadl21.east_adl.structure.hardwaremodeling._instanceref.impl.HardwareConnector_portImpl.eGet(HardwareConnector_portImpl.java:178)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1011)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1003)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EContentsEList$FeatureIteratorImpl.hasNext(EContentsEList.java:403)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreUtil$CrossReferencer.handleCrossReference(EcoreUtil.java:1738)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter$InverseCrossReferencer.add(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:140)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:692)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:674)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl$EAdapterList.didAdd(BasicNotifierImpl.java:121)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.addUnique(BasicEList.java:419)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.AbstractEList.add(AbstractEList.java:301)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl$EAdapterList.add(BasicNotifierImpl.java:193)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.addAdapter(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:820)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:700)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:674)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl$EAdapterList.didAdd(BasicNotifierImpl.java:121)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl$EAdapterList.add(BasicNotifierImpl.java:193)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.addAdapter(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:820)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:700)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:718)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:678)
at org.eclipse.sirius.common.tools.api.util.LazyCrossReferencer.setTarget(LazyCrossReferencer.java:169)
at org.eclipse.sirius.business.internal.session.danalysis.DAnalysisSessionImpl.registerResourceInCrossReferencer(DAnalysisSessionImpl.java:820)
at org.eclipse.sirius.business.internal.session.danalysis.DAnalysisSessionImpl.doAddSemanticResource(DAnalysisSessionImpl.java:793)
at org.eclipse.sirius.business.internal.session.danalysis.DAnalysisSessionImpl.addSemanticResource(DAnalysisSessionImpl.java:682)
at org.eclipse.sirius.business.internal.session.danalysis.DAnalysisSessionImpl.addSemanticResource(DAnalysisSessionImpl.java:753)
at org.eclipse.sirius.business.internal.session.danalysis.DAnalysisSessionImpl.addSemanticResource(DAnalysisSessionImpl.java:766)
at org.eclipse.sirius.tools.api.command.semantic.AddSemanticResourceCommand.doExecute(AddSemanticResourceCommand.java:98)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.RecordingCommand.execute(RecordingCommand.java:135)
at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.EMFCommandOperation.doExecute(EMFCommandOperation.java:119)
at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.AbstractEMFOperation.execute(AbstractEMFOperation.java:150)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.operations.DefaultOperationHistory.execute(DefaultOperationHistory.java:513)
at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.impl.WorkspaceCommandStackImpl.doExecute(WorkspaceCommandStackImpl.java:208)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.execute(AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.java:165)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.execute(AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.java:219)
at org.eclipse.sirius.ui.tools.internal.wizards.NewSessionWizard$SessionCreationOperation.execute(NewSessionWizard.java:278)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:106)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2345)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:118)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: ea
at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.URIHandlerImpl.createInputStream(URIHandlerImpl.java:187)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ExtensibleURIConverterImpl.createInputStream(ExtensibleURIConverterImpl.java:360)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1269)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoad(ResourceSetImpl.java:259)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:274)
... 86 more

If the representation file is made properly, then only I can convert the project into an Modelling project, then only I can proceed further.
Re: Problem in creating Representation file [message #1196554 is a reply to message #1196219] Tue, 19 November 2013 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Le 19/11/2013 10:59, Rahul Nair a écrit :
> Hello David,
>
> I have a file inside a normal eclipse project , which is a semantic
> model (kind of uml). It is opening with the Sample Reflective Ecore
> Model editor, When I try to create the representation file for this
> semantic model, it gives me an error:

Thanks for the stack. When connecting a semantic model to a Sirius
representation model (which happens automatically when you create a
representation file from your semantic model), Sirius installs an
ECrossReferenceAdapter on your semantic model. This forces a resolution
of all the proxies in your semantic resource. In this case it seems one
of them has a proxy URI which uses the custom "ea" protocol (i.e. it is
of the form "ea:something"), but no protocol handler is
registered/visible for this non-standard scheme.

I see only two possibilities:
1. The protocol handler for your custom URI scheme is correctly
registered, but either a bug in Sirius or some kind of incompatibility
between Sirius, Sphinx and Xtext (all of which appear in the stack) make
it unavailable somewhere deep inside the resolution logic.
2. The protocol handler is not correctly registered, but this does not
show simply by opening the model in the "Sample Reflective Ecore Model
Editor" because just opening the model does not force a resolution of
the faulty proxy URI.

You can very easily check the second possibility: open your semantic
model in the "Sample Reflective Ecore Model Editor", but this time
select the root element, right click and in the context menu choose
"Validate". This will force the resolution of all the proxy URIs in your
model.

If you see the same error, it means the problem is somewhere on your
side in the way the "ea" protocol is registered. If the validation
works, then then bug may be related to Sirius in some way and we will
need to dig deeper.

> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$1DiagnosticWrappedException:
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.handleDemandLoadException(ResourceSetImpl.java:319)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:278)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.xtext.resource.XtextResourceSet.getResource(XtextResourceSet.java:201)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.getEObject(ResourceSetImpl.java:220)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.sphinx.emf.ecore.proxymanagement.ProxyResolutionBehavior.eResolveProxyInResourceSet(ProxyResolutionBehavior.java:62)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.sphinx.emf.ecore.proxymanagement.ProxyResolutionBehavior.eResolveProxy(ProxyResolutionBehavior.java:46)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.sphinx.emf.ecore.ExtendedEObjectImpl.eResolveProxy(ExtendedEObjectImpl.java:34)
>
> at
> eastadl21.east_adl.structure.hardwaremodeling._instanceref.impl.HardwareConnector_portImpl.getHardwareComponentPrototype(HardwareConnector_portImpl.java:91)
>
> at
> eastadl21.east_adl.structure.hardwaremodeling._instanceref.impl.HardwareConnector_portImpl.eGet(HardwareConnector_portImpl.java:178)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1011)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1003)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EContentsEList$FeatureIteratorImpl.hasNext(EContentsEList.java:403)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreUtil$CrossReferencer.handleCrossReference(EcoreUtil.java:1738)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter$InverseCrossReferencer.add(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:140)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:692)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:674)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl$EAdapterList.didAdd(BasicNotifierImpl.java:121)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.addUnique(BasicEList.java:419)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.common.util.AbstractEList.add(AbstractEList.java:301)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl$EAdapterList.add(BasicNotifierImpl.java:193)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.addAdapter(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:820)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:700)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:674)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl$EAdapterList.didAdd(BasicNotifierImpl.java:121)
>
> at
> at
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl$EAdapterList.add(BasicNotifierImpl.java:193)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.addAdapter(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:820)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:700)
>
> at
>
> at
>
> at
> at
> at
>
> at
>
> at
>
> at
>
> at
>
> at
> at
> at
>
> at
>
> at
>
> at
>
> at
>
> at
> at
> at
>
> at
>
> at
>
> at
>
> at
>
> at
> at
> at
>
> at
>
> at
>
> at
>
> at
>
> at
> at
> at
>
> at
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:718)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.ECrossReferenceAdapter.setTarget(ECrossReferenceAdapter.java:678)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.sirius.common.tools.api.util.LazyCrossReferencer.setTarget(LazyCrossReferencer.java:169)
>
> at
>
> at
> at
> at
>
> at
> org.eclipse.sirius.business.internal.session.danalysis.DAnalysisSessionImpl.registerResourceInCrossReferencer(DAnalysisSessionImpl.java:820)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.sirius.business.internal.session.danalysis.DAnalysisSessionImpl.doAddSemanticResource(DAnalysisSessionImpl.java:793)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.sirius.business.internal.session.danalysis.DAnalysisSessionImpl.addSemanticResource(DAnalysisSessionImpl.java:682)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.sirius.business.internal.session.danalysis.DAnalysisSessionImpl.addSemanticResource(DAnalysisSessionImpl.java:753)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.sirius.business.internal.session.danalysis.DAnalysisSessionImpl.addSemanticResource(DAnalysisSessionImpl.java:766)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.sirius.tools.api.command.semantic.AddSemanticResourceCommand.doExecute(AddSemanticResourceCommand.java:98)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.transaction.RecordingCommand.execute(RecordingCommand.java:135)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.workspace.EMFCommandOperation.doExecute(EMFCommandOperation.java:119)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.workspace.AbstractEMFOperation.execute(AbstractEMFOperation.java:150)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.commands.operations.DefaultOperationHistory.execute(DefaultOperationHistory.java:513)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.workspace.impl.WorkspaceCommandStackImpl.doExecute(WorkspaceCommandStackImpl.java:208)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.execute(AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.java:165)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.execute(AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.java:219)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.sirius.ui.tools.internal.wizards.NewSessionWizard$SessionCreationOperation.execute(NewSessionWizard.java:278)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:106)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2345)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:118)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
>
> Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: ea
> at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.URIHandlerImpl.createInputStream(URIHandlerImpl.java:187)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ExtensibleURIConverterImpl.createInputStream(ExtensibleURIConverterImpl.java:360)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1269)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoad(ResourceSetImpl.java:259)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:274)
>
> ... 86 more
>
> If the representation file is made properly, then only I can convert the
> project into an Modelling project, then only I can proceed further.

Re: Problem in creating Representation file [message #1196711 is a reply to message #1196554] Tue, 19 November 2013 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank You, I checked, it is the problem on our side.
I tried to validate the semantic model, but it failed, same error.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 November 2013 14:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem in creating Representation file [message #1196720 is a reply to message #1196711] Tue, 19 November 2013 15:01 Go to previous message
Le 19/11/2013 15:59, Rahul Nair a écrit :
> Thank You, I checked it is the problem on our side. I tried to validate
> the semantic model, but it failed, same error.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Previous Topic:Sirius diagrams in read-only mode
Next Topic:Problem with installing Sirius
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:47:29 GMT 2024