Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Set Test Parameters with Jenkins at startup of test(Set Test Parameters with Jenkins at startup of test)
Set Test Parameters with Jenkins at startup of test [message #1182944] Tue, 12 November 2013 14:30 Go to next message
Dominik Gabriel is currently offline Dominik GabrielFriend
Hi,

in my Company someone asked me if it would be possible to set Testparameters in Jenkins at the startup of the test, for example an ip-address of a Testdevice. In the Testsuite we already use a parameter for that but if its possible they would only use Jenkins to edit specific parameters and start the test. We also use Jenkins with Jubula at the moment but we only start tests and get the result. I didn't no if theres a way to handle test parameters in jenkins.

So i thought i ask you if its possible? Maybe you can help me.

Best Regards
Dominik
Re: Set Test Parameters with Jenkins at startup of test [message #1184153 is a reply to message #1182944] Wed, 13 November 2013 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sylvain EVEILLARD is currently offline Sylvain EVEILLARDFriend
This is possible using environment variables.
If you define parameters in your jenkins Job, it will be an environement variable for the whole job and also for jubula.
The names TEST_UDV_XXX are not really user friendly so what you can do is define the "Testdevice" parameter in your jenkins job and then in your ant when you call testexec (most likely with a "exec" ant command) you can do :
<env key="TEST_UDV_TESTDEVICE" value="${env.Testdevice}"/>
Re: Set Test Parameters with Jenkins at startup of test [message #1184154 is a reply to message #1184153] Wed, 13 November 2013 08:58 Go to previous message
Sylvain EVEILLARD is currently offline Sylvain EVEILLARDFriend
Also, have a look at this to know how to use those environement variables in Jubula
Previous Topic:Exporting single Testsuites out of a Project
Next Topic:Extend Jubula
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:22:50 GMT 2024