Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » javax.xml jar processing takes more time in VIRGO(javax.xml jar processing takes more time in VIRGO)
javax.xml jar processing takes more time in VIRGO [message #1182582] Tue, 12 November 2013 09:28 Go to next message
Chandre Gowda is currently offline Chandre GowdaFriend
I have a bundle which has following code
Javax.xml.XPath.evaluate()
The above line takes 1.5 seconds to process in Virgo server.
But this takes in milliseconds when it runs in eclipse. Could somebody tell me how to debug this or any optimization flags exists to speed this up.
Re: javax.xml jar processing takes more time in VIRGO [message #1182634 is a reply to message #1182582] Tue, 12 November 2013 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
In the past some resource lookups in Virgo have been slow because of the existence of a bundle with a large number of imports. See http://www.eclipse.org/virgo/profiling/ for profiling tools to help debug this.
Re: javax.xml jar processing takes more time in VIRGO [message #1184300 is a reply to message #1182634] Wed, 13 November 2013 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chandre Gowda is currently offline Chandre GowdaFriend
Thanks for the reply.I have used 'YOURKIT" tool to profile this application. I found that Javax.xml.XPath.evaluate() statement takes 1.5 seconds everytime. Also this bundle has around 15 imports which i dont think cause bundle to slow down. Is there any optimization required for Javax.xml bundle..?
Re: javax.xml jar processing takes more time in VIRGO [message #1184347 is a reply to message #1184300] Wed, 13 November 2013 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Let's put this forum thread on hold until the related one comes to a conclusion as I suspect this is the same problem in two difference guises.
Re: javax.xml jar processing takes more time in VIRGO [message #1262187 is a reply to message #1184347] Mon, 03 March 2014 10:59 Go to previous message
Murthy Bhat is currently offline Murthy BhatFriend
Hello Chandre,

Did you try to set the Parserfactories explicitly as system property in your virgo/bin/dmk.bat/sh file ?

I had a similar problem and I was able to resolve it by overriding the default SaxparserFactory and DocumentBuilderFactory.

set JMX_OPTS=%JMX_OPTS% -Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
set JMX_OPTS=%JMX_OPTS% -Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl
set JMX_OPTS=%JMX_OPTS% -Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl

You can refer to my question at the below link:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1251439/#msg_1251439

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Murthy
Previous Topic:javax.mail issues with multipart messages
Next Topic: A Require-Bundle could not be resolved
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:29:51 GMT 2024