Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » How to restrict symbol resolution to included headers
How to restrict symbol resolution to included headers [message #1175133] Thu, 07 November 2013 14:46 Go to next message
David Jones is currently offline David JonesFriend
When I create a new source file, the code analyzer gives me resolution errors until I include the correct header. So I know CDT is smart enough to do this.

However, I also get many failed resolution errors because it's searching the entire index for symbols, rather than just the included headers. So if there are code members with the same name in multiple headers or source files, it won't be able to resolve which is it, even if those files aren't included in the current source file.

The code compiles just fine, as I would expect, but it would be nice to get code analysis working right. Is there a preference I can set that will fix this? I haven't been able to find one.

I'd like the code analyzer to only look at the current file, and any files included in it. Please don't suggest changing the names of code members. This is a large team project, and I can't go around changing the names of things just so it will work better with Eclipse.
Re: How to restrict symbol resolution to included headers [message #1216040 is a reply to message #1175133] Thu, 28 November 2013 09:48 Go to previous message
Michael Weise is currently offline Michael WeiseFriend
Did you try to change the indexer settings in

Window -> Preferences -> C/C++ -> Indexer ?
Previous Topic:cs-make error
Next Topic:Defined Symbol not working?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:04:11 GMT 2024