Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » "Build Working Set" builds the whole project(Eclipse 3.7.2)
"Build Working Set" builds the whole project [message #1173395] Wed, 06 November 2013 13:43 Go to next message
JB Feron is currently offline JB FeronFriend
I am developing a project made of multiple components that I need to validate independently.
I want to easily switch from my main development space to secondary development spaces, dedicated to the validation of each component.
Using working set seems interesting for me because I select the files I need to create each working space and independently validate the components or the whole project.
However, when I try to build my working set (with "Build Working Set" after deselecting "Automatic build"), Eclipse builds my whole project, and complain because of multiple main functions available.
How to fix this and build my working set only?
Is it possible to specify a specific makefile?
Is it better to define a project for each testbench and a main project for the whole application?
Thank you!
Re: "Build Working Set" builds the whole project [message #1249352 is a reply to message #1173395] Tue, 18 February 2014 06:48 Go to previous message
JB Feron is currently offline JB FeronFriend
I could finally manage my project as I wanted by writing a custom makefile for my Eclipse project.
I have different build configuration (one for each tested function plus one for the whole system).
Hope this will help.
Cheers,
J-B
Previous Topic:debugging error with qemu and linux kernel
Next Topic:Issue w/ Cross Compiler Project in Kepler...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:57:37 GMT 2024