Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » How to I force a re-validation of all xtext resources in a given project/workspace
How to I force a re-validation of all xtext resources in a given project/workspace [message #1172817] Wed, 06 November 2013 05:11 Go to next message
Chris Ainsley is currently offline Chris AinsleyFriend
Two quick questions:

1. How to I programatically force a re-validation of all xtext resources in a given project/workspace?
  2. Not strictly an xtext question, but how do I iterate over all resources with a given suffix in a given workspace and/or project?

Thanks,

C
Re: How to I force a re-validation of all xtext resources in a given project/workspace [message #1173762 is a reply to message #1172817] Wed, 06 November 2013 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
HI,

triggering a full build on the project is not an option?
you could use an IResourceVisitor for the traversal

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de

[Updated on: Wed, 06 November 2013 18:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to I force a re-validation of all xtext resources in a given project/workspace [message #1176448 is a reply to message #1173762] Fri, 08 November 2013 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

I've managed to wire up a full rebuild which occurs on the saving of certain resources that are external (but required) to the DSL processing.

Now, the problem is that a full clean and rebuild doesn't cleardown errors and create new errors as it should (programatically or manually via the Project/Clean option.

If I wish to cleardown linking errors then I have to go into the file where the error is and either press space a few times or select the "validate" option.

I guess my question is then, other than cleaning the whole project (which doesn't work), how to I force a full re-evaluation of all the Xtext resources in the workspace?

Chris
Re: How to I force a re-validation of all xtext resources in a given project/workspace [message #1176467 is a reply to message #1176448] Fri, 08 November 2013 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

a clean build actually does this for normal and fast checks.
to trigger the expensive checks automatically you have to build something yourself.

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: How to I force a re-validation of all xtext resources in a given project/workspace [message #1176511 is a reply to message #1176467] Fri, 08 November 2013 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, that's what I want to do, I want to clear the whole state.

This is not a common use scenario. I have a file format which configures the whole behaviour of XText, and when the file changes, I need to trigger a revalidation of everything. Like I say, the "cleaning" approach does not seem to work (in my use case), so I need the nuclear option.

Something like;

for (IProject p : ....) {

xxxxx.clearCache(p);
    xxxxx.revalidate(p);
}

(I'm guessing here)
Re: How to I force a re-validation of all xtext resources in a given project/workspace [message #1176523 is a reply to message #1176511] Fri, 08 November 2013 11:38 Go to previous message
Problem solved:

http://s22.postimg.org/itlawdott/doh.png

It seems that I managed to toggle the Xtext builder off somehow, but I guess it still did validation on a per-file basis even with it switched off.

Thanks for your help Christian.
Previous Topic:Abstract*RuntimeModule generation woes
Next Topic:Customizable formatting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:22:14 GMT 2024