Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Why the little plus signs?
Why the little plus signs? [message #1165667] Fri, 01 November 2013 12:56 Go to next message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
I can't figure out why there are these little plus signs. When I add a new port, a smal text box is displayed that looks like those auto type boxes that is shown in Visual studio from which I can choose something already created.

These plusses seems to appear if I change the port name in that box. But why, and how do I shut it off? And what do they mean?

This I did not have while using 32-bit Eclipse, there must be some setting I have missed.

Regards,
Tomas Sandkvist
Re: Why the little plus signs? [message #1170155 is a reply to message #1165667] Mon, 04 November 2013 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Tomas,

The "+" (Or -, ~, #) are the visibility marker. "+" means "Public".

No icon means "Undefined visibility". But it is not clear in the UML Specification what this means exactly. So, for "Public" elements, you can have either no overlay (The visibility has never been set), or the green "+" overlay (The visibility has explicitly been set to public)

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Why the little plus signs? [message #1170266 is a reply to message #1170155] Mon, 04 November 2013 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
Aha, now I see!

The difference from my previous experience is simply that displaying the visibility is part of the CSS style, and that notation is not available/shown when there are no stylesheet used!

Regards,
Tomas
Re: Why the little plus signs? [message #1851575 is a reply to message #1170266] Fri, 08 April 2022 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
George Ericson is currently offline George EricsonFriend
Hmmm.... For the same class, some public properties show a green + and not for others. Is this on purpose?
Re: Why the little plus signs? [message #1851588 is a reply to message #1851575] Sat, 09 April 2022 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
The problem is within the UML specification. As there is no "undefined" visibility and "public" visibility is the default Papyrus distinguishes between"public" due to not explicitly set and explicitly set to "public". Explicitly setting to "public" often happens simply by clicking next the field in the "Properties" view.
/Carsten
Re: Why the little plus signs? [message #1851741 is a reply to message #1851588] Thu, 14 April 2022 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hello everybody,
the green + appears after the first edition of the visibility of the property (if we set is to Public).
The default value of the visibility is Public, but as the property has not been explicitly set by the user the green + doesn't appears.

/Vincent

Re: Why the little plus signs? [message #1852096 is a reply to message #1851741] Thu, 28 April 2022 22:56 Go to previous message
George Ericson is currently offline George EricsonFriend
Hmmm.... Yes, but...
I have two properties in the same class, same everything except name.
On one, the visibility setting public has no +.
On the other, the visibility setting public has a plus.
There is no option in the UI to not set the visibility property.
I went to the .uml file and found that @vincent is correct.
But you have to dig into the Xmi syntax to see that.

Previous Topic:Initial diagram form .uml file
Next Topic:Restrictions for Simple data type
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:21:27 GMT 2024