Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » UML meta-model access
UML meta-model access [message #1163184] Wed, 30 October 2013 22:20 Go to next message
Francisco Dias is currently offline Francisco DiasFriend
I'm a student from Portugal currently working on a thesis project involving UML diagrams. This project aims to create a code generation plugin for a UML tool, capable of create code from a UML state diagram.
I wanted to know if it is possible to include plugins into ATL and if so what are the capabilities to access meta-model information for "looking up" (querying) the relationships and transitioning conditions between states within a state diagram.

Thank you for your time,

Francisco Dias
Re: UML meta-model access [message #1163960 is a reply to message #1163184] Thu, 31 October 2013 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Federico Toledo is currently offline Federico ToledoFriend
Bom dia Francisco,

For this kind of tasks I use Acceleo, and someone told me that Xtext is a good option too. I use ATL mainly to model to model transformations, don't know if it is a good option to generate code.
In both (ATL and Acceleo) you can use a OCL-like sintax to query your models, and for me works properly.

Good luck!!
Re: UML meta-model access [message #1256733 is a reply to message #1163960] Tue, 25 February 2014 18:48 Go to previous message
Ayman Yassin Mohamed is currently offline Ayman Yassin MohamedFriend
Hi,
how to use ATL in Transforming CPN to UML activity diagram?
Previous Topic:how to match "packageImport" element in class diagram
Next Topic:[EMFTVM] Could resolve functions return null when no image found ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:43:33 GMT 2024