Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Binding SWT text widget to an Integer(The bean fields do not show up in the Bindings tab)
Binding SWT text widget to an Integer [message #1162776] Wed, 30 October 2013 16:08 Go to next message
Baruch Youssin is currently offline Baruch YoussinFriend
I think I am missing something very basic about the WindowBuilder's bindings.
I am trying to do a very simple thing: bind a text widget to an int to use the existing converters and validators (I am sure they exist) for graphic input of integers. I am interested in one-directional binding only, to read the int from the user input.
The doc http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/index.jsp says: "Beans: any field of the current compilation unit may be selected."
I have succeeded creating a field, HHours, of the type MyInteger that shows up in the list of fields in the model:
index.php/fa/16617/0/

However, you can see in this picture that the properties (actually, fields) of this field do not show up in the list of properties.
In fact, MyInteger class has two fields of the types String and int:
index.php/fa/16618/0/
(Changing these fields from private to public does not help.)

None of these fields shows up in the list of properties that can be bound.
The field HHours is defined in a very straighforward way in the same GUI class that contains the text widget:
index.php/fa/16619/0/

The entire jar is attached, just in case.

I would very much appreciate any help or pointers to docs where these basics are written, as I have not found any.

I am running Kepler on Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit.
Re: Binding SWT text widget to an Integer [message #1164287 is a reply to message #1162776] Thu, 31 October 2013 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
The only docs I am aware of concerning the JFace Data Binding framework are on the Eclipse Wiki.

Your MyInteger class does not appear to have any valid bean properties, so the list is empty.
Re: Binding SWT text widget to an Integer [message #1172078 is a reply to message #1164287] Tue, 05 November 2013 17:39 Go to previous message
Baruch Youssin is currently offline Baruch YoussinFriend
Eric, Many thanks! I have gone through data binding on Eclipse Wiki and understand it much better now.
Previous Topic:Window Builder
Next Topic:Unexpected internal error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:37:56 GMT 2024