Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » serialize ecl matchtrace
serialize ecl matchtrace [message #1162396] Wed, 30 October 2013 10:49 Go to next message
giovi disanto is currently offline giovi disantoFriend
Hi,
I'm working on a project in which an ecl and an egl module are involved. I get it working together by using ant as is explained in the Epsilon Book. It seems to work. However for developing purposes i need to serialize my ecl matchTrace. In the way I'm working right now I must execute the ecl module each time I have to check the developing of the egl one. This situation cause to me a lot of wasted time. if i had a serialized model of the match trace I could work faster.

Can anyone help me?
Re: serialize ecl matchtrace [message #1162610 is a reply to message #1162396] Wed, 30 October 2013 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi,

I suspect that a workaround would be to define a custom MatchTrace metamodel and then use EOL to serialise the in-memory ECL match trace to a model that conforms to the MatchTrace metamodel. You could then use such serialised models in your EGL transformation without needing to re-run ECL.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: serialize ecl matchtrace [message #1162989 is a reply to message #1162610] Wed, 30 October 2013 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
giovi disanto is currently offline giovi disantoFriend
Hi,
Thank you for the reply! I hoped for something more straightforward even if your solution should work for me. I will try soon!
Re: serialize ecl matchtrace [message #1864826 is a reply to message #1162610] Thu, 11 April 2024 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chahrazed Boudjemila is currently offline Chahrazed BoudjemilaFriend
Hi,

I'am trying to compare elements of two heterogeneous models. It seems to work, But I need to save the result of the comparison into a model (serialize ECL matchtrace to a model) or export the result (the trace). My purpose is the validation module that will use the identified matches to evaluate inter-model constraints.

Could you please explain more these points:

When you are talking about defining a custom MatchTrace metamodel, you mean that I need to create a specific metamodel to represent the information captured in the match trace produced by Epsilon Comparison Language (ECL) or the metamodel of matchTrace already exists.
How to use EOL to serialize the ECL match trace to a model?

Any insights or advice or example on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.
Re: serialize ecl matchtrace [message #1864828 is a reply to message #1864826] Thu, 11 April 2024 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Horacio Hoyos is currently offline Horacio HoyosFriend

The metamodel does not exist. You can look at the Java classes and their relations as a guide so the instantiation of the metamodel instance is easy. Or you can use something as Tracea if you want a lot more information.

In the post block of your ECL you can use EOL to save the trace. This would involve creating instances of your trace metamodel classes and copying the ECL trace information.

Horacio Hoyos Rodriguez
Kinori Tech
Need professional support for Epsilon, EMF?
Go to: https://kinori.tech
Re: serialize ecl matchtrace [message #1864829 is a reply to message #1864828] Thu, 11 April 2024 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Alternatively, you could consume ECL's match trace from EVL directly as shown in https://github.com/eclipse/epsilon/tree/main/examples/org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.ecl.evl

Thanks,
Dimitris
Re: serialize ecl matchtrace [message #1864839 is a reply to message #1864828] Fri, 12 April 2024 13:46 Go to previous message
Chahrazed Boudjemila is currently offline Chahrazed BoudjemilaFriend
Hi,
Thank you for the reply!
Previous Topic:Using Xtext with Epsilon
Next Topic:Is it possible to create enumeration ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:40:13 GMT 2024