Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » FileDialog does not show
FileDialog does not show [message #1161101] Tue, 29 October 2013 15:28 Go to next message
ModelGeek Mising name is currently offline ModelGeek Mising nameFriend
Hi,

I am working with RCP 3.0 application on Mac OS (Mavericks). I am trying to open FileDialog but it does not show.... It used to work perfectly in my previous OSX version but as soon as i updated to Mavericks FileDialog does not show..

Do you have any clue why it is?

Cheers,
Re: FileDialog does not show [message #1161583 is a reply to message #1161101] Tue, 29 October 2013 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott Barrett is currently offline Scott BarrettFriend
I am experiencing this problem as well, though I get the org.eclipse.swt.widgets.FileDialog, created with the SWT.SAVE style, to appear once (but see below). Thereafter, when I create a FileDialog and call open on it, I get null returned without seeing the FileDialog.

When debugging the RCP application, the second time that FileDialog.open is called, the call it makes to org.eclipse.swt.internal.cocoa.NSSavePanel.runModalForDirectory always returns 0 without making the OS X file save dialog appear.

Adding insult to injury, on the first call to FileDialog.open, the OS X file save dialog appears, it shows the file name set with FileDialog.setFileName, but does not present the directory that was set with the call to FileDialog.setFilterPath.

Here's an image of the empty file save dialog that appears the first time I call FileDialog.open.

index.php/fa/16591/0/

As an added bonus, the Eclipse Indigo "Open File..." command shows the same behavior; i.e., it will only appear once!
Re: FileDialog does not show [message #1169875 is a reply to message #1161583] Mon, 04 November 2013 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there any work around available for this problem?

Cheers
Re: FileDialog does not show [message #1170141 is a reply to message #1169875] Mon, 04 November 2013 12:39 Go to previous message
I have just seen bug report
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=420682
It says it will not be fixed for Indigo. Did it get it right? Will it be not fixed for Indigo?

Cheers,
Previous Topic:docking windows/views
Next Topic:Understanding mnemonic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:39:05 GMT 2024