Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Bulk/batch validation of entire table?(Is it possible to validate the entire table?)
Bulk/batch validation of entire table? [message #1160692] Tue, 29 October 2013 09:37 Go to next message
Jens Rabe is currently offline Jens RabeFriend
It might be a very special need, but I have to validate a table in whole. When using the normal validators in the context of a cell editor, after finishing editing, only the currently-edited cell is validated. However, in my special case, the value might seemingly be legal for this one cell, but make the values of other cells illegal which were legal before.

Is there either a way to trigger the validation from outside, decorating all cells with currently-illegal values, or trigger the validation on other dependent cells when finishing editing of a cell?
Re: Bulk/batch validation of entire table? [message #1160712 is a reply to message #1160692] Tue, 29 October 2013 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
You mean weak validation which only marks cells as invalid? That's something different than a strong validation, as a strong validation would not allow to submit. Wink

Have a look here, maybe that fits your needs:

http://blog.vogella.com/2013/03/02/crossweak-validation-in-nattable-by-dirk-fauth/
Re: Bulk/batch validation of entire table? [message #1160762 is a reply to message #1160712] Tue, 29 October 2013 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I mean this. I will have a look at it, thanks.
Re: Bulk/batch validation of entire table? [message #1163910 is a reply to message #1160762] Thu, 31 October 2013 09:51 Go to previous message
Thanks, it worked. With the help of this post I was able to tie the EMF constraints validation which is already present in our project to the table. I use an EContentAdapter for this which triggers a revalidation of the relevant objects displayed in the table when a value changes in one of them. The result is then locally cached, and my label accumulator reads this result from the cache and updates the labels accordingly.
Previous Topic:how to accumulate labels and apply painters on row header layer ?
Next Topic:Unable to change row positions, when they are sorted
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:06:51 GMT 2024