Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Means to filter out associations from the model explorer
Means to filter out associations from the model explorer [message #1160513] Tue, 29 October 2013 07:06 Go to next message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
I have not found a way to make the model explorer show only the relevant elements and not associative elements from the view, which for me clutters up the explorer at least most of the time I work in it.

I know there are different ways of filtering the view but haven't understood how to do this.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Tomas Sandkvist
Re: Means to filter out associations from the model explorer [message #1160576 is a reply to message #1160513] Tue, 29 October 2013 08:05 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

There is now way out-of-the-box. Papyrus provides some customization facility, but they target power-user (Who pre-configure Papyrus before wider deployment). This means that you need to create a customization plug-in for that.

For the ModelExplorer, Papyrus relies on EMF Facet browser customization (0.1).

Basically, you need to create an EMF Facet 0.1 Browser Customization File (associations.uiCustom for example), and associate it to the UML Metamodel. Then you can use this file to configure the ModelExplorer. The file needs to be deployed in a plug-in.

Note that in standard Eclipse Installation, the EMF Facet 0.1 capability is disabled (Which means the wizards and menus are hidden). You can enable it in Window > Preferences > General > Capabilities. Also note that EMF Facet provides two different metamodels. The first one, "0.1", used by Papyrus, and the new one, "0.2". Both versions are available in EMF Facet >= 0.2, and the first one is considered deprecated (But this is the one we use).

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:All contents of an activity diagram lost...
Next Topic:unidirection Association in class Diagramm
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:46:29 GMT 2024