Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » client side sceduling and messages
client side sceduling and messages [message #1159362] Mon, 28 October 2013 13:28 Go to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
Hi,

I need to do a check at the client side (Swing Rayo) at a regular time interval. If the check is negative I need to give a message to the user. I don't want to give a pop-up but are thinking about a message in the menu bar or bottom bar of the application or something simular that stays visible.

Are there already options available in Scout to do this (scedule and message) or do I have to develop it myself?

Regards Bertin
Re: client side sceduling and messages [message #1160489 is a reply to message #1159362] Tue, 29 October 2013 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
Have a look at the HowTo "Make use of the additional Scout logging features" (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/HowTo/3.8/Make_use_of_the_additional_Scout_logging_features), it shows how to send a message to the status bar at the bottom:

Desktop.this.setStatusText("LOG level is set back to default and recording of log messages turned off");

The concept page about the Scheduler (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/Concepts/Scheduler) should show you how to set up a reoccurring job.
Re: client side sceduling and messages [message #1160496 is a reply to message #1160489] Tue, 29 October 2013 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
There is also support for client notification and tray icons... Maybe this can help you.
Re: client side sceduling and messages [message #1160594 is a reply to message #1160496] Tue, 29 October 2013 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I noticed the setStatusText before but I never got a statusbar. How can I make the statusbar visible (Swing Rayo)?

Re: client side sceduling and messages [message #1160706 is a reply to message #1160594] Tue, 29 October 2013 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noticed that in SwingScoutRootFrame there is this method

private boolean isShowStatusBar() {
    Boolean b = (Boolean) UIManager.get("StatusBar.visible");
    return b == null || b.booleanValue();
  }

if I hardcoded make this method return true it will show the status bar, but I am not able to do this without a hack. How can I set this value or better, can I change it at runtime.

Regards Bertin
Re: client side sceduling and messages [message #1161167 is a reply to message #1160594] Tue, 29 October 2013 16:23 Go to previous message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
Bertin Kiekebosch wrote on Tue, 29 October 2013 09:18
I noticed the setStatusText before but I never got a statusbar. How can I make the statusbar visible (Swing Rayo)?

Sorry, I missed your comment that you are using Swing. I've never managed to show the status bar there. We're using the SWT client, so obviously this works, but I realise this is of little help to you. Sorry.
Previous Topic:Set the size of a SWT Application
Next Topic:Login identity
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:36:53 GMT 2024