Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Trouble with preferences when using XMLMultiPageEditorPart(Trouble with preferences when using XMLMultiPageEditorPart)
Trouble with preferences when using XMLMultiPageEditorPart [message #1155267] Fri, 25 October 2013 20:24 Go to next message
Ken Brophy is currently offline Ken BrophyFriend
Hi,

My code includes the use of the XMLMultiPageEditorPart and it's working pretty well. I am having trouble with the preferences editor, however. When viewing the XML > XML Files > Editor panel, it complains:

"org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.preferences.editor not found"

I have included org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui and all of the dependencies...specifically:

org.eclipse.core.expressions
org.eclipse.core.runtime
org.eclipse.debug.ui
org.eclipse.emf.common
org.eclipse.jface.text
org.eclipse.search
org.eclipse.ui
org.eclipse.ui.editors
org.eclipse.ui.forms
org.eclipse.ui.ide
org.eclipse.ui.views
org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor
org.eclipse.wst.sse.core
org.eclipse.wst.validation

When I validate the plugins in my run configuration, there are no missing bundles. I've tried searching the web but haven't found anything even remotely helpful. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken
Re: Trouble with preferences when using XMLMultiPageEditorPart [message #1161495 is a reply to message #1155267] Tue, 29 October 2013 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

If this is a launch configuration where you've modified which plug-ins are included, you'll want to clear the configuration space using the Eclipse Application launcher's Configuration tab. The page it's referring to is definitely part of the org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui bundle.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Trouble with preferences when using XMLMultiPageEditorPart [message #1163145 is a reply to message #1161495] Wed, 30 October 2013 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin,

Thank you for the reply. The launch configuration does not restrict the plugins enabled for the launch. I have a target platform setup which includes all dependencies and when I validate the plugins needed in the launch configuration, there are no issues. I'm at a loss as to what I can even do to track down the root cause of the issue. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken
Re: Trouble with preferences when using XMLMultiPageEditorPart [message #1173854 is a reply to message #1163145] Wed, 06 November 2013 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

It's unrelated to which plug-ins are in your launch configuration. Did you try it?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Trouble with preferences when using XMLMultiPageEditorPart [message #1173861 is a reply to message #1173854] Wed, 06 November 2013 20:08 Go to previous message
Nitin, sorry, I failed to mention that I did try clearing the configuration space as well. I also cleared the workspace (data area) to no avail. Sad
-Ken
Previous Topic:repository not found for luna release
Next Topic:Annotation in Dynamic Web Project (cannot change version of project facet dynamic web module 2.5)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:55:51 GMT 2024