Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Mapping technical names
Mapping technical names [message #1154840] Fri, 25 October 2013 13:49 Go to next message
Hendrik Stehr is currently offline Hendrik StehrFriend
Hello,

Currently I have to review the recorded testcases of other users. The Cases are created with Jubula 7.1.0.

How does Jubula collect the technical names? It seems like the names change after some restart.

I have already read the following:
"If the developers have not named the component, Jubula generates a name."
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help%2Fhtml%2Fmanual%2Fnode382.html

For example there are two objects with the technical name:
Object1: org.eclipe.swt.widgets.Tree_1 and Object2: org.eclipe.swt.widgets.Tree_2
Next time they are named like this:
Object1: org.eclipe.swt.widgets.Tree_2 and Object2: org.eclipe.swt.widgets.Tree_1

How do I settle a static name for those?

Best wishes,
Hendrik
Re: Mapping technical names [message #1155115 is a reply to message #1154840] Fri, 25 October 2013 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alejo Abdala is currently offline Alejo AbdalaFriend
I'm having a similar issue, collecting the Next button on a wizard, in different moments I collect the button as a dialog.button.next, and in another moment I collect it as Button Component("Next>").

Attached are the properties of the 'conflicting' technical names properties for the same same button.
Re: Mapping technical names [message #1159154 is a reply to message #1155115] Mon, 28 October 2013 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi guys,

Are you getting component not found errors when you run the test? If not, then it shouldn't be a problem - the object mapping is heuristic, so it can deal with deviations and still find the correct component. If you are getting component not found errors, then the differences are apparently too large to count as the same component. In your example Alejo, it looks like we're able to get an ID for one of the instances, but not for the other.

If specific components are behaving like this, then you might want to use the setData() method (described in the documentation in the "Toolkits" section and then in the RCP subsection) to name the component.

Hope that helps,
Alex
Re: Mapping technical names [message #1161572 is a reply to message #1159154] Tue, 29 October 2013 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex, thanks for the answer.
Actually we're getting Component not found errors in our test cases, but it depends. If developer A maps the components his way, he is able to run the tests, and this won't work for developer B (he can do the same and remap, but this would be an endless battle). Also the CI test machine will fail for a given configuration. This behavior is also variable at time (the different names being captured has happen to several of us within our same box).

I get it that we could add data to locate the widget another way, but it would be great if you guys could look into this because there seems to be a regression in 7.x (couldn't tell which 7.x version because I migrated from 1.3). The component is the Next button in a simple New project wizard, very straightforward and simple. I noticed that this happens for all Buttons.
Re: Mapping technical names [message #1164087 is a reply to message #1161572] Thu, 31 October 2013 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was just talking with Alex and Markus and they told me that the issue most probably is due to a preference they introduced in the new versions which assigns technical names to wizard dialog buttons (since in some linux distributions the order of the buttons uses to change). The preference can be located at Test > Properties - AUT - AUT Dialog (correct me if i'm wrong please!)

Thank you very much Jubula Team, you've been very kind!
Re: Mapping technical names [message #1705443 is a reply to message #1154840] Sat, 15 August 2015 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Inga China is currently offline Inga ChinaFriend
Hi,

can you please tell me where can I find these preferences?
Seems like "Test > Properties - AUT - AUT Dialog..." is a wrong path....
Re: Mapping technical names [message #1705771 is a reply to message #1705443] Wed, 19 August 2015 05:59 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi there,

the properties for generating names are indeed in Test -> Properties -> AUT:
http://help.eclipse.org/mars/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/content/html/userManual/tasks/defineAUT/define-aut.html?cp=45_2_6

Other properties for AUTs and the project in general are also there.

The preferences are under: Window -> Preferences.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Writing jubula tests in java
Next Topic:Object Mapping Editor is disabled
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:01:46 GMT 2024