Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Custom filtering without glazed lists(Excel like custom filter)
Custom filtering without glazed lists [message #1150272] Tue, 22 October 2013 17:05 Go to next message
Testr t is currently offline Testr tFriend
Hi,

I am using Nattable 1.0 in my application which is an eclipse plugin. One of my plugin views shows a grid with data backed from a binary file. I have added the logic with data provider and it works perfectly. Now I would like to add a filter row(like excel filters) where for some columns it would be combobox with values in the columns(for a particular column i have the values to display in combobox) and for some columns user has to enter text to filter. I have the filter logic implemented and it works fine(tied to context menu). Now I do not know how to integrate the filter logic with grids filter input. Is there an example of how to do this which I look at to start with? I am looking for an API in the grid, where i can ask for set of filters which I can call when i see a text change in the filter row(or something like that).
Re: Custom filtering without glazed lists [message #1150302 is a reply to message #1150272] Tue, 22 October 2013 17:29 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
I don't know of an example showing filtering without GlazedLists. I think you need to implement a custom IFilterStrategy and use that with the FilterRow. But I have never done something similar before. I always wrap my data list with an EventList.
Previous Topic:Select all column cells by clicking on column header
Next Topic:Release Cycle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:38:20 GMT 2019