Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Select all column cells by clicking on column header(Select all column cells by clicking on column header)
Select all column cells by clicking on column header [message #1149960] Tue, 22 October 2013 12:31 Go to next message
Arjan Kok is currently offline Arjan KokFriend
Hi,

I downloaded snapshot 198. When selecting a column, the first cell gets selected.

However, in the 1.0.1 release, all the cells of the column get selected.

Has there been a change in behavior? I did not configure anything special in this respect (as far as I know). Can you give me a clue where to look for?

Kind Regards,

Arjan.
Re: Select all column cells by clicking on column header [message #1150001 is a reply to message #1149960] Tue, 22 October 2013 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Yes there was a change. AFAIK it is related to multi selection behaviour. I guess you configured the selection model to not allow multiple selection. Before column selection did not respect that configuration. So the behaviour now should be correct while before it was wrong.

Please correct me if I broke something. But IMHO now the behaviour is as it should. Smile
Re: Select all column cells by clicking on column header [message #1150024 is a reply to message #1150001] Tue, 22 October 2013 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arjan Kok is currently offline Arjan KokFriend
Setting multiple selection allowed to true for the selection model gives back the old behaviour, thanks. (and more ..)

I interpreted the multiple selection flag different - I thought it meant when set to false to allow only one selected rectangle instead of to allow only one selected cell. This makes sense because a selection model can contain a list of selected rectangles.

Re: Select all column cells by clicking on column header [message #1150105 is a reply to message #1150024] Tue, 22 October 2013 14:43 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Well technically it would make sense. The RowSelectionModel for example does exactly what you explained for rectangles that are rows. The default SelectionModel is used for cell selection.

Allowing multiple cells to be selected in only one rectangle doesn't make sense from a use case point of view.

As NatTable is a quite flexible framework feel free to create a new selection model that behaves as you expect it. Smile
Previous Topic:How to correctly use ButtonCellPainter?
Next Topic:Custom filtering without glazed lists
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:53:38 GMT 2024