Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Getting Started with EclipseLink(EclipseLink)
Getting Started with EclipseLink [message #1143895] Fri, 18 October 2013 13:52 Go to next message
Earl Harris is currently offline Earl HarrisFriend
From within the Eclipse Standard/SDK Kepler release, I want to use EclipseLink to derive persistent classes for a pre-existing database.

I installed EclipseLink SDK (EclipseLink Target Components) 2.5.1 from the Eclipse Marketplace. (I have other installed plug-ins that support Hibernate, Maven, and SVN).

To build the classes with EclipseLink, I did a "File->Other...".

In the "New, Select a wizard" form, I selected "JPA->JPA Project". (In this form, I see a "Hibernate" folder, but I do not see an "EclipseLink" folder. So, I assume I have to build a JPA application to use EclipseLink).

In the "New JPA Project" wizard form, I added a project name, set the Target runtime to "jre7" (the only option), left the JPA version at "2.1" and left the Configuration at "Default Configuration for jre7". I hit "Next >".

On the next form, I accepted the default values; so I hit "Next >".

Now, I am in a "New JPA Project" form titled "JPA Facet". Unfortunately, my Platform drop down only has "Generic 2.1" and the "Next >" button is inactive. There is a message stating "At least one user library must be selected". I expected to see a list of options that included EclipseLink.

To use EclipseLink, how do I proceed? Do I need to get an EclipseLink JPA Facet? If so, how do I get one? When building a JPA application, what is the role of the user library?
Re: Getting Started with EclipseLink [message #1144073 is a reply to message #1143895] Fri, 18 October 2013 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
You should probably ask in the EclipseLink newsgroup. EclipseLink is a separate project from JDT. The people in that forum would be more likely to be able to answer your question.
Re: Getting Started with EclipseLink [message #1160606 is a reply to message #1144073] Tue, 29 October 2013 08:27 Go to previous message
Arnav Kumar is currently offline Arnav KumarFriend
I can not help you with this.
Previous Topic:Class file editor - source not found(Eclipse)
Next Topic:Content assist in Eclipse Kepler unreliable.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:05:16 GMT 2024