Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Downloaded source code to be run with Eclipse - now what?
icon5.gif  Downloaded source code to be run with Eclipse - now what? [message #1143316] Fri, 18 October 2013 05:34 Go to next message
Anders Brotherus is currently offline Anders BrotherusFriend
Hi all,

I've done some simple Java projects with Eclipse recently, and now I'm trying to import, compile and run the ONE simulator to simulate a scenario of Delay-tolerant networking.

I suddenly realised I have no idea what to do to get from downloaded source code to a running program I then can develop further. I've found some tips from the README (see below), but need help with the really basics. The official instructions guide to launch compile.bat to automatically compile (and skip programs such as Eclipse completely?), but it turns out OS X doesn't support BAT files.

I'll attach the newest source code, downloaded from the simulator's homepage.

There's got to be a guide for this type of basic procedure somewhere - could someone kindly send me in the right direction?

Tips from README of the simulator:
"You can compile ONE from the source code using the included compile.bat
script. That should work both in Windows and Unix/Linux environment with
Java 6 JDK or later.

If you want to use Eclipse for compiling the ONE, since version 1.1.0 you need
to include some jar libraries in the project's build path. The libraries are
located in the lib folder. To include them in Eclipse, assuming that you have
an Eclipse Java project whose root folder is the folder where you extracted
the ONE, do the following: ...
"

[Updated on: Fri, 18 October 2013 13:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Downloaded source code to be run with Eclipse - now what? [message #1143871 is a reply to message #1143316] Fri, 18 October 2013 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
The readme appears to give instructions in adding the required libraries to the project in Eclipse. If this is beyond your current experience level, then you might benefit from going to the tutorials provided with Eclipse. You can access the tutorials in the provided Help documentation. Open up help and look in the Java Development Users guide.
Re: Downloaded source code to be run with Eclipse - now what? [message #1144161 is a reply to message #1143871] Fri, 18 October 2013 17:50 Go to previous message
Anders Brotherus is currently offline Anders BrotherusFriend
This is what I found:

"Create a new project with location to be folder of source code. Make sure the 'Project name' is the same as the source code folder name Eclipse automatically determines that this folder already exists and traverses the folder looking for relevant files."

Still getting lots of errors, but I think I'm on the right track.
Previous Topic:Eclipse ECF
Next Topic:Eclipse Tutorial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:30:47 GMT 2024