Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Own property tabs & sections for own Metamodel
Own property tabs & sections for own Metamodel [message #1142659] Thu, 17 October 2013 19:38 Go to next message
Erik Schondorff is currently offline Erik SchondorffFriend
Hi,

I've created my own metamodel and generated my own diagram. So I'm able to create my own diagram as UML diagram additionally to the Papyrus UML diagrams.

Now I want to create my own property tab with my own sections in there and this for every of my own diagram model elements. I founded one / two Solutions for solving this Problem, but I do not understand how the mechanism work.

So I found out, that it is possible to create sections with *.ctx (contexts?) - files (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/419427/). But there is only described, how to "copy and paste" the complete UML context file and to modify it. But the logic behind it (constraints, datacontexts,...) I didn't understand. So a very simple how-to-do for a property tab and a a section with a custom context file and *.xwt - file would be very useful. Would somebody help me?
Or existst a detailed how to do?
Thanks a lot Smile
Re: Own property tabs & sections for own Metamodel [message #1143608 is a reply to message #1142659] Fri, 18 October 2013 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Erik,

There is a wizard to generate a Properties view configuration for a custom Metamodel (Ecore) or UML Profile.

Go to File > New > Properties view Configuration. Select "Create from Ecore Metamodel", then choose your Ecore file as the source.

The Target must be a path in your workspace (something like myProject/properties/myProperties.ctx)

Press next: this will analyze your Ecore metamodel and find all concepts/properties. For each, choose whether you want to display them in the properties view (The default selection enables all primitive properties and non-containment references).

When you're satisfied with your selection, press finish.

Once the *.ctx file is generated, you can edit it using the "Properties view editor". You can e.g. rename the Tab (Or create new tabs and assign sections to them), re-order the properties editors, change the widget for editing some properties...

To deploy the Properties view configuration, you need to create a plug-in and fill the "oep.views.properties.context" extension point. The plug-in must contain the *.ctx file and the ui folder (containing *.xwt files).

We're still improving the wizard, so there might be some rough corners.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Own property tabs & sections for own Metamodel [message #1143730 is a reply to message #1143608] Fri, 18 October 2013 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Camille,

At first thanks for the answer.

I'm using 0.9.2 of papyrus.

At the point:

"
Press next: this will analyze your Ecore metamodel and find all concepts/properties. For each, choose whether you want to display them in the properties view (The default selection enables all primitive properties and non-containment references).
"

the wizard does something (shown by the cursor), but the only things that happen are: The Next button disables and the Finish Button enables and I'm stay in the current page of the wizard, no availability of a selection. By pressing the Finish Bbutton, nothing happens.

Is it because of the Papyrus version?

Erik

[Updated on: Fri, 18 October 2013 11:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Own property tabs & sections for own Metamodel [message #1143732 is a reply to message #1143730] Fri, 18 October 2013 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have a specific message in your error log?

Camille Letavernier
Re: Own property tabs & sections for own Metamodel [message #1143754 is a reply to message #1143732] Fri, 18 October 2013 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I get no message in the error logging.

But when click finish, then back and then next, I come to next page, but there is only the label: "Available fields"... nothing more...by clicking finish, nothing happens.
Re: Own property tabs & sections for own Metamodel [message #1143760 is a reply to message #1143754] Fri, 18 October 2013 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it possible for you to share the Ecore metamodel, so that I can give it a try?

Camille Letavernier
Re: Own property tabs & sections for own Metamodel [message #1143787 is a reply to message #1143760] Fri, 18 October 2013 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sorry, but I'm working in a research project and I'm not allowed to publish any information. Maybe I can encapsulate some information of the metamodel and can sent them to you (or maybe the property generation works with the part)...

I will report back at monday (or maybe at weekend).
Re: Own property tabs & sections for own Metamodel [message #1147284 is a reply to message #1143760] Sun, 20 October 2013 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Camille,

For test purposes I build up two very little metamodels. With one metamodel it was possible to generate a property view. With this metamodel (as a attached file) it didn't work.

Elements of first metamodel don't inherit from UML ecore types, but These of this metamodel. Maybe there exists a relation?

Erik
  • Attachment: fs.ecore
    (Size: 2.02KB, Downloaded 214 times)
Re: Own property tabs & sections for own Metamodel [message #1148366 is a reply to message #1147284] Mon, 21 October 2013 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Erik,

Metamodel inheritance is not supported in this version of the Properties view generator. I have a patch to review, which may support this, but I don't know when I will have time to actually do the review and push it.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Own property tabs & sections for own Metamodel [message #1148492 is a reply to message #1148366] Mon, 21 October 2013 14:48 Go to previous message
First...thanks Smile

This is not the most important feature requiring now, but it would be nice Wink

Can you estimate, in which time span you will (probably) update it?

Erik
Previous Topic:How to display ExecutionEnvironment content from Deployment Diagrams ?
Next Topic:Known issues with profile editing?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:18:19 GMT 2024